1.2

//one week later//

A week has passed and Matt was leaving today. In all honestly I couldn't handle it.

He was my rock, he kept me and strong. Now I have to face everyday for a whole year without him.

"Are you done packing yet?" I asked

"Yeah, I'm ready to go."

Kristen was here and she is staying until Matt comes back. She's staying with Emma while I take Matt to the airport.

Matt and I walked into the living room and Matt took Emma from Kristen.

"You're my little miracle." he said to Emma "I'll see you when I get back. I love you."

He kissed her head and gave her back to Kristen. He said goodbye to Kristen after. We were walking out of the apartment when I saw a few tears running down his face. I turned him to face me and wiped his tears away.

"I just don't want her to forget me." he said quietly

"You're her dad she's not gonna forget you."

He weakly smiled and grabbed his bags walking towards the car.

The ride to the airport was silent and I never wanted it to end but it seemed to go quick. I parked and I walked into the airport with him.

We walked in and Matt immediately wrapped his arms around me. I let the tears fall out of my eyes.

"I hate this" Matt said

"I do too. I was so excited to start our life with our daughter."

"We'll start it soon. I'm going to come back and we're going to start an amazing life."

"Flight 352 to London is now boarding"

"That's your flight" I cried

Matt connected our lips one last time.

"Baby girl I love you so fucking much, okay? Don't forget that"

"I love you too."

"I'll see you soon."

"See you soon." I smiled

He walked through security and just as he did whenever I dropped him at the airport, he turned around and mouthed 'I love you'

I mouthed 'I love you too' back.

That's when it all started to hit me.

This was the last time I would be in his embrace, feel his lips on mine for a whole year. I feel weak without Matt. In reality I didn't know if I could do it without him.

I'm supposed to raise our two week old daughter without him. I didn't want to do this without him but I would. I had to show him I was strong.

yeah okay

xoxo

-lyss