3.8

two weeks later

I laid in the hospital bed, wide awake. It was 5am but my surgery wasn't for a few hours. I got checked into the hospital three days ago after fainting.

I insisted on going home but all my doctors and Matt agreed it was best for me to be here and be under constant watch. I hated hospitals ever since I was a kid.

I grabbed my bag and pulled out paper and a pen. I wanted to write a letter for Matt in case I didn't make it. I felt like I had so many things I wanted to say to him but once I had the paper in front of me I blanked out.

Dear Matt,

Being someone's first love may be great but being their last is beyond perfect. I love you, always and forever.

Love,
Lyss

I sealed it up and put it back in my bag hoping if I didn't make it he would find it.

_____

Matt and his mom came to the hospital with the kids. We were all just sitting around waiting for my surgery. I broke from my thoughts when a nurse walked in.

"We're taking you in 5 minutes Mrs. Espinosa."

"Okay thank you" I replied and she left

I was scared because now I had to say goodbye. Goodbye to Laura, my kids and Matt, not knowing if this would be the last time they ever see me. I haven't talked to any of my friends but they all texted me wishing me good luck.

Laura walked up to me first and hugged me.

"Good luck sweetheart." she said

I saw a tear slip out of her eye.

"If I don't make it please make sure my children have a good life."

"Of course but I have faith in you doll. I love you as if you were one of my own children."

"I love you too" I said wiping away the tears that fell out of my eyes

I said goodbye to SJ and Emma. They both still don't talk that much so there wasn't much to say but then Matt picked up Matthew and put him in bed next to me.

"I'll see you later buddy, okay?" I smiled

"Can we play after?"

"Of course."

"I love you Momma."

"I love you too Matthew."

Laura took the kids and went out to the waiting room. So now it was only Matt and I in the room.

I wrapped my arms around Matt so tight and he rubbed my back. I eventually let go of him. He held my face in his hands and he connected our lips. He pulled away leaving my lips tingling.

"You're so beautiful." he smiled "You can do this. I know you can. I'll see you in a few hours, I promise."

"Okay"

"I love you"

"I love you so much Matt"

He held my hand and walked me outside. I sat in the wheelchair and a nurse came up behind me. She started rolling me down the hallway. I glanced back at Matt who was looking down at his feet.

"Matt!" I called making him look up "I love you"

He smiled "I love you too"

______

Matt's POV

I've been waiting for four hours. No one has said anything to me. I've just been walking the hallways. I'm scared to go to the waiting room. I'm scared to face my kids, I'm scared I'll break down.