"It's just a fishing trip baby, so nothing fancy. No suits or ties, or shoes fit for a prince to wear." Brie jokes, cutting the tension a little, causing Raye to chuckle. The older girl ends up poking her tongue out at her for fun.

"Just wear what would make you feel comfortable in all that heat."

"Okay," she nods, still awfully nervous.

"I really can't believe you've never been fishing though." Brie moves over to say, watching how the girl blushed a little. Raye was usually the experienced one in most gatherings, now she was the one with the least when it came to the task at hand.

"Both my parents died when I was pretty young and even when they were alive my papa was too busy with the mafia and my mom was busy hiding the fact that she was sick. My uncles and aunts had lives of their own and as you can see, they don't exactly do things like this."

"I could tell your nervous," replies Brie with a sly smile, causing Raye to blush yet again.

"How'd you know such a thing?"

"It's rare but when you are you do this thing where you overcompensate for it by talking a lot. Baby, I know why you've never done it yet you felt the need to recite an entire encyclopedia. Just relax, it's basically going to be you two talking and that's not something that should make you anxious."

"Judging from recent events, I have every reason to be nervous."

"There it is," Brie nods, wrapping her arms around the girl's waist. "I was wondering when you'd tell me that it still weighed heavily on your mind."

"You know I can't just forget that Craig's dead and you get-"

Brienna cuts her off, pinching her arm causing her to gasp. "Ouch! What's that for?"

"For lying to me, saying that everything was fine when you knew this was eating you up inside. And no one's forgotten anything, we're moving on Raye, it's the least we could do."

"That's hard for me to do."

"Why?"

"Because.." the taller girl pauses, mulling over what she wanted to say in her head before she decided to let it out. "Because I feel like your family is purposefully avoiding me, especially Cassie. When we went around for dinner she basically ignored me. I tried making sure that she was safe, I tried being there like you said but she won't let me in anymore. She won't even smile in my direction."

"I've seen it too but that doesn't mean that she hates you or love you any less. Craig was her world, Raye. Sure he was all of ours but she had something special that Bran and I never had with him. They were partners in crime when we were growing up, they put our parents through so. I know that right now it seems as though Cassie is mad at you but she's not. Give her time she'll come around, just show her that you're not going to be pushed to the side. They'll all come around."

"I'd do that but I'm afraid she'd tell me to fuck off," Raye answers, her eyes glossing over and Brie allows her to express herself. She knew she wasn't big on crying but if and when she did it poured.

Raye breaths in and out several times trying to calm herself down. She wasn't dramatic but had every right to be emotional. She didn't want more people hating her for the rest of her life.

"Maybe afterwards you should go talk to her, she'll listen."

She nods, issuing a tight smile.

"Alright. Now go bring us back some fish." Brie kisses Raye the way the girl usually did with her. She grabbed her cheeks and smooched them several times before planting a big one on her lips. She rubbed her back carefully, watching her troubles slowly tuck itself away.