chapter 31

i check my phone and it's 1:30, i'm halfway through getting ready and the only thing i need now is to get a couple pictures. i snapped a few pictures in my mirror then left without encountering anyone else

i made sure to send aiden a text letting him know that i was on my way and he shot me back another one saying he was ready and waiting, good.

"damn your family rich" aiden said as he took in the car and i really couldn't help but laugh because this would be the only way anyone would know that i'm from a wealthy family. the unnecessary attention was never something i would go for and with money comes people who pretend to be your friend just so they can be around you to boost their own status, i'll pass that for a simple girl aesthetic any day.

"are you done drooling over my car?" i rolled my eyes at aiden and he smiled "i was just getting started on you" my cheeks instantly reddened i had to use my phone to hide my now red cheeks. "aww are you blushing?" i heard him ask as he came closer

"no just get in the car" i said in a slightly embarrassed tone. after weeks of talking we have finally decided to make it official so now he's no longer someone i talk to but he has become my boyfriend, a first in a really long while.

we pulled into the mall parking lot and aiden got out quickly, before i could even ask where he was going in such a rush i saw him walk over to my side and hold the door open for me, "well look who's being a gentleman" i laugh at his small yet kind gesture. "just hurry up" he playfully rolled his eyes at me and i got out of the car.

the first store we went into was a sports store and aiden pretty much left me to go look through whatever they had inside. I sat on a bench and watched him come up to me every five minutes asking my opinion on different items, I didn't even know what I was to be looking for so I just judged them based on colour.

I got up to look around for anything I could find, something my dad would like maybe. "What're you looking for?" Aiden crept up beside me almost scaring me. "Presents..you know for christmas" I said looking through some sports jerseys even though I didn't even know what teams were printed on them, "isn't it a bit too early for christmas shopping" Aiden asked and he just reminded me of Ally in that moment. I always did my christmas shopping really early, it beats the crowds and I always get nice things. I just keep them in my closet then wrap them the night before christmas.

"It's never too early" I playfully rolled my eyes at him and he didn't bother to contest me.

"What do you think?" I said holding up what I think is a basketball jersey? I had no idea. "What team is it?" Aiden asked and I just looked at him, he laughed and took the shirt out of my hands and led me out of the store. "Where are we going" I asked him and he just responded with a simple "you'll see", I moved my legs quickly to keep up with him and soon enough we were at what seemed to be another men's store but this was was more formal. There were mannequins in nice dress suits at the display window and posters of really expensive watches on the sides, "this looks expensive" I said and he looked over at me.

"don't worry there prices aren't as bad as you think" he attempted to reassure me but I was still very doubtful. We went inside of the store and soon enough we were greeted by the sweetest employee who helped us around, I had to slap Aiden here and there at the remarks he made and also because he kept touching expensive things and I was scared he would break or damage something I wouldn't be able to pay for.

Eventually I realized that there wasn't much in this store that caught my attention and we left, After a few more stops my feet were getting tired and I was starting to get really hungry. Aiden must've picked up on my slow pace and figured that I have had enough of today, "you ready to go?" he asked softly taking some of the bags I had from me. "Yea but i'm hungry, I saw a pizza place in the food court we can grab one" I suggested and he agreed with me.

We ordered a medium pizza half ham and cheese the other half pepperoni, "pepperoni is so dull" I teased aiden as he paid for our meals with half of the contributions being mine. "Who even eats ham and cheese?, pepperoni is an obvious classic" he defended his choice. It didn't take long for our food to come and we decided to sit and eat, I finished my food in no time but aiden was way faster than me. "You couldn't wait?" I laughed at him and he slightly pushed me, I cleaned up our table and we head back to my car.

I popped the trunk and placed my bags inside, Aiden was leaned on the side of the car waiting on me to finish packing up the bags. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I turned it on to see what the notification was about, it was Ally asking if she could come over today.

I sent her back a text letting her know that it was fine to come over since it would just be me at home. I looked up to see Aiden staring at me, "what?" I asked and he shrugged "nothing"

"weirdo" I closed the trunk and walked around to the driver's seat. I made sure to buckle my seatbelt and scolded Aiden for not buckling his. After a strict lecture on why your seatbelts should be buckled he finally gave in and strapped the belt around him, reclining in his seat.

"when you're out with your friends you do whatever you want but in my car we put our seatbelts on" I placed one final firm sentence before I pulled off.

I felt like a mother scolding her son and I started laughing at myself as I replayed the scene of us sitting in the car and me lecturing Aiden. He looked across at me and asked why was I laughing, "I sounded like a mom ugh" I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel.

"I don't know..you would make a good mom" he implied and I shrugged, It's not a definite no for me when it comes on to kids but the decision to have children is life altering and I would like to get myself on track before I even think about giving birth to new life. "Someday" I replied softly to his statement.

I dropped Aiden off at home and opened the trunk so he could get his bags, then I placed a light kiss on his cheek before I went back into my car and drove home.

Today was really calm and smooth, exactly how I liked my environment being. I would actually have to consider spending more personal days with Aiden.

                                     —