blue and gray

the two kids ended up in an empty hallway on the other side of the school after escaping from the constant teasings from their classmates

the two kids ended up in an empty hallway on the other side of the school after escaping from the constant teasings from their classmates. amane mentally facepalmed that he had to bring along [name] with him instead of just running away from his own. "amane-kun? where are we...?" [name] innocently tilted her head.

her voice cut off his thoughts. amane didn't even realize that they are now far away from their classroom but worry not, he knows where they are because he practically walks around in school everyday during breaktime. "um...i think we're on the third floor...?" he questioned while looking at the stairs next to them. "but we're not lost don't worry!"

[name] was silent. amane let out an awkward laugh. "i'm sorry, it's my fault for getting you—i mean us in this situation." he said, scratching the back of his head. 'what should i do? i completely stole her away from everyone?! tsukasa is going to tease me i swear...' [name] was still holding his hand, pointing towards the stairs.

"the rooftop is over there right?" [name] asked with a smile on her face. "we should go eat our lunch." she said with a small grin. amane's lips parted in astonishment, he was about to ask her if they could eat lunch but she was dragged away from their other classmates, then now, she was the one who was asking him.

a defeated sigh escaped from the boy's lips. "okay." amane squeezed her hand gently. "let's go. be careful on the stairs." amane was guiding [name] to the stairs so that she wouldn't fall off, even though she can literally walk on her own. there was one time where he had to help her up the stairs to his room so that he could read her some books.

amane led [name] to the part of the rooftop where it has a shade to protect them from the rays of the afternoon sun. amane opened the lid of his lunch, he lit up in joy when he saw that his mom packed him donuts. "awe man, this again?" [name] stared at her lunch in dismay. amane took a peek of her lunch and saw that she has spam musubi. "do you want some?" she asked.

"sure..." amane took a piece of her food using his chopsticks and placed it on his box. "do you want some donuts?" [name] nodded as she took a donut from his lunch box, like some sort of trade.

"so uh, how is...osaka?" amane asked, swinging his legs while sitting on the bench, taking a bite of his donut. that's probably something they should talk about instead of having this awkward silence till the end of day. [name] pulled her head back and groaned.

"ugh! it's boring there!" she said. "kokoro said she's having fun while i don't. i'm glad i'm out of there and came back here in kamome, i feel more at home here." [name] sighed in annoyance, then chewing on her food aggressively. "i did make friends but they don't last long because we were always moved to different sections like it's a one time thing."

"and those people pretend they don't know me once they are in different classes." amane felt sorry for [name] having friends that don't last, he wondered whether [name] was really lonely during the time she was away. "i mean, i guess the friendship was wasted and it didn't last—well, i don't last in friendships because i keep moving schools."