| 26 | crève-coeur

Start from the beginning

I gave up on the task before avoiding his piercing gaze altogether, hoping my silence would help him understand.

"Was this whole relationship a fucking joke to you?" he persisted in a vehement tone of voice as he refused to release me, "Did none of our moments mean a damn thing to you?"

I swang my restless gaze to him as his tone increased more by the second; an indication of his erratic fury.

For the first time, I truly felt like we were strangers again as though all the times we spent together never occurred as we were back to being at square one.

I wanted to tell him he was wrong; that all the moments we spent together meant something to me too.

But the words failed to escape me as I stood before him tongue-tied, wearing the same ruthless expression I had learned to perfect over the years.

"You can think whatever you want." I stated in nonchalance, "All I know is I want nothing to do with you so do me a favor and move on. Forget about me."

Ludovic seemed to be in a trance as my words were hard for him to digest.

His grip on me loosened which gave me the chance to relinquish my hand from his in a flash.

Without another word, I pivoted before heading off to the opposite direction as I tuned out the countless whispers threatening to engulf me.

I chose not to look back; the tears begging for a release to form an unstoppable waterfall.

That day, I knew him and I shared a tainted fate and nothing could be done to lift the curse.

༄       ༄      ༄

L U D O V I C

I watched her retreating figure in a moment of shock.

The words she spat at me like venom were enough to arouse the raging beast in me.

How could she address me like I was a scum beneath her shoes after everything I sacrificed for her?

Statue still, I refused to believe a damn word she said.

I wasn't about to let her have the last word, not after all the shit we've been through.

Before I could follow her trail, Stalon maneuvered in front of me causing me to pause in my tracks in an instant.

"Bro, it's not worth it," he commented as he shook his head in disapproval, "she made you look like a fool in front of everyone. At least save your dignity while you still can."

At that moment, I realized we had an audience.

But all that meant nothing to me not when the girl I thought I knew was wearing a fucking mask the entire time.

"It can't end this way," I growled as I attempted to outsmart Stalon by sidestepping him but to no avail. "She owes me a fucking explanation."

All Stalon did was stare at me in disapproval before he addressed the crowd.

"Alright everyone, go back to your boring lives," he hollered as he shooed them away, "there's nothing to see here."

Once some of them began to disperse, Stalon regarded me once more.

"What the hell do you see in her?" Stalon asked in incredulity, "The girl just treated you like dirt in front of the entire school and you're still thinking of going after her? Why—"

"Because I refuse to believe her damn words," I yelled in agony before I began hitting the locker to my right with all the strength in me.

Multiple screams escaped my throat as my fist kept crashing into a vicious landing against the locker to the point where drops of blood started invading my knuckles.