Then he was pinning my arms down, stopping me from trying to punch him. After that, his whole body was on mine, and now I was immobile. He was just staring down at me, not doing anything to me. The he finally spoke:

"I-I'm sorry Angel."

He had tears in his eyes, like I had tears in mine. He looked so sad and broken like I'd never seen him before.

"I didn't mean anything I did. I uhm-used to like my mom...the way I do you—"

I gasped, disgust and realization taking over all at once. So he was the reason she left?

"And the way I felt about her...made her leave dad and me. I don't want you to leave me. So I'll stop." He said. Then he climbed off of me.

After that, he walked away from me. I was shocked that, that was the only thing that happened. I just knew he was going to rape me or beat me into a pulp, or both. But instead he revealed probably his deepest darkest secret to me, then vowed he was done messing with me. It seemed a little too good to be true.

I went to my room, and for the first time felt some sliver of hope. Maybe; just maybe my life would get better... I took a hot shower, washing my hair clean of the styling products and gel, and then I scrubbed my body down freeing myself of the past with every single swipe at my skin.

Soon, I was laying down in my bed with my favorite tv show playing simultaneously. I was smiling that night when I closed my eyes, and the most peaceful slumber took over.

xxxx

"Angel!" It was Blake, shaking me awake. I sat up instantly, prepared to fight him off.

"Stop it you—"

"Angel." I glanced at the second voice. It was Peter, he was standing at the door with tears falling from his eyes looking so dejected.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"It's your mother Angel. We got into a car accident. I'm fine but they had to rush her to the hospital." He said, tears in his voice. "She was...dead upon arrival."

He continued talking, but after that I blacked out.

When I came to, I was in the car. Peter and Blake were in the front seat, both of them talking urgently. It took me all of two seconds to remember that...my mother was dead. I thought I was broken and sad before; but never had I felt so—hopeless.

My mother at that point, was the only reason I was still breathing; that much was very obvious. But now that she was gone, what would I do? What was the purpose of me living if no one cared about me now?

"Where are we going?"

"Oh! Angel. You're awake. We're going to the hospital. You were blacked out for so long...we didn't know what to do. We also thought you'd want to see your mother before..."

"Before what.?" I continued.

"Before she's transferred to the funeral home." He whispered.

I didn't say anything. I didn't even think anything. I just sat there; waiting for us to arrive to the hospital.

The hospital was brightly lit, and large. The parking lot had numerous parking spaces, and even though it was so late, most of them were taken. Eventually though we found a park, and then we went into the hospital.

Now I was shaking, and I didn't even know why. It felt like a blur when Peter checked us in, informing the nurses why we were here. They all had solemn looks on their faces, then nodded their heads and brought us to the back of the hospital. The hallways were so dim, like a scary movie, and they kept twisting reminding me of some intricate labyrinth.