Introduction

I just want to say that I, in no way, take credit for creating the characters listed in this book, so, yeah.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I brush my shoulder length hair back over and over until there are no more knots, I look at the mirror in my house. I look at the last birthday card my mother gave me, before she disappeared when I was 15. The Jeffersonian later found a body identified as my mothers. "Happy Birthday Tempy!" It reads in her half cursive, half print handwriting. I decide to leave my hair down, as Booth likes it that way. Even though it sometimes obstructs my vision, I like seeing Booth happy.

I get dressed in my navy-blue smock, that reads "Jeffersonian Forensic Team" embroidered into the chest pocket. I also grab my security card, and clip-on identification card.

I grab my keys off of my kitchen counter, and walk out the front door, making sure it is locked. As I repeat that process every day, it reminds me of the day when Booth came over after work, and went to get somthing from the fridge. You see, Someone had snuck into my house earlier that day, and armed a bomb inside of my fridge, hoping it would kill me. Instead, when Booth went to go get a drink, he opened the door and triggered the bomb, which threw him across the room and he didn't wake up for a while.

I would never let that happen again.

He has saved me many times over. Just a couple days after the explosion, another FBI agent whom Booth trusted, tried to kill me and feed me to a ton of stray dogs. He tied my hands together, so I couldn't move, and started sharpening his knife on a brick. As I as crying for help, Booth and a ton of other FBI officials showed up. I didn't even know they were there, but just as he was about to kill me, Booth shot him. I can never repay that. After he shot him, Booth cut me loose and I sat there crying into his chest as he carried me out.

As I lock the door, I unlock car and insert the keys into the ignition, and start driving to me and Booth's physchologist, Dr. Sweets.

I notice that today is different from the others because it looks like there will be a thunder storm. I pull into the J Edgar Hoover FBI Building parking lot. Booth, who was standing outside of his black truck/van thing, already waiting, was there to greet me.

"You wore your hair down Bones!" (Bones is my nickname he gave me)

"I like seeing you happy, Booth"

I have to admit, I have a small crush on him.

"Lunch at the Royal Diner as usual today?"

"Sure, Booth"

I open the door to Dr. Sweets' office, and I see him, as usual, on his couch, with a cup of coffee, on the table.

"Anything unusual this week?"

"Nope. Nothing. Are you going to read my body language or somthing? And tell me that I am a very angry person on the inside? Because I'm not." Booth says. I examine his appearance, the usual suit, black tie, and a red belt buckle that says "Cocky" on it. Booth is a nice guy. His very muscular build makes him very protective over me and his son, Parker, who he named after one of his military buddies.

"Well, I do have to say, considering your tone of voice and detailed description of saying why your NOT mad, indicates that there is somthing that is making you mad" Dr. Sweets says calmly

"We still haven't solved this murder." Booth Admits.

"Why does that make you mad?"

"Why do I have to talk to YOU about me and Bones' problems anyways?" Booth asks.

"Because YOU shot a clown mannequin thing on an ICE CREAM TRUCK" Sweets mimics Booth.

"Because the operator wouldn't shut the music off and I HATE clowns!"

"That is STILL no reason to shoot it!" Sweets says.

Booth's phone rings as usual during our appointments.

"Yep, mmhmm, okay" I hear Booth say.

"I thought we were supposed to have our phones off-" Sweets says.

"Good talking to you Sweets, they found a body"

"Goodbye" I say to Sweets.