𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟

Eun's POV

He didn't stop me from leaving. Instead, he provoked me to go.

He lied to me, I messed up. I left Chan, and I hurt him...

It took over an hour for me to get back to their headquarters, it was too dark to be able to see anything...

I rested my hands on my thighs, trying to gain my breath back. "Ch-chan..." I exhaled, pushing myself to keep running.

I found myself back on the grounds, staring out at the empty fields. Where were the guards?

I rushed over towards the door.

It was highly unlikely he'd let me in. But there was a slight chance he'd...hurt me.

"Chan!" I started banging on the door, struggling to gain my breath back as my heart started beating at a slow pace. "Cha-"

The door flung open, my body falling to the floor in an instant.

I felt a pair of arms grab me, pulling me back up, "Are you okay??"

I recognised their voice. It was Chan's.

I looked up at the sound, my eyes lighting up at the sight of him.

"Thank god you're-" He stopped, narrowing his eyes before pushing me back to the floor. He pulled a gun from the back of his trousers, aiming it between my eyes.

His reaction immediately changed.

"Chan-"

"What the hell are you doing here!? Are you trying to get yourself killed??" He growled, threating me as he held his finger on the trigger.

I stood to my feet slowly, hoping he wouldn't shoot. And he didn't. "Please, you have to listen to me-"

"Well, well." Woojin frowned as he stood beside Chan, "You came back quicker than I thought."

"Woojin-"

"Save it." He folded his arms over one another, glaring down at me in disgust.

"I know what you're thinking-"

"So why're you still here?" Chan growled, lowering his gun slightly to meet my eyes.

"I was wrong... Just let me explain."

"You had a chance to explain, now go." Chan kept the gun between my eyes, refusing to drop it.

Did he...hate me that much?

"I have to tell you!" I exhaled deeply, still finding it difficult to catch my breath after running for so long. My legs were weak, I couldn't stand up. "I-I'm on...your side." I fell to my knees, holding my hand over my chest, reluctant to give up.

"Do you know how much you put us through? How much you put me through?! Get up and take your sorry ass somewhere else." He began to turn away.

"Hey! You know how much you put me through!?" I began to cry, gripping onto the floor below as I held myself up, "Your father used me to get to my father, my father used me to get to you, and you used me as your damn toy." I whimpered, lowering my head in shame. "It wasn't your fault that my mother's gone... I don't want to hurt you. I swear." I cried.

I looked up with tears in my eyes, seeing Chan made it so much harder to hold in. I couldn't keep doing this. I needed him. I could tell it was taking everything out of him to reject me, to just walk away with no emotions shown.

"She caught my father with your mother... And I told him I wanted your mother dead for making mine leave...It's my fault." I sniffled, wiping at my eyes, "I had no idea, I really didn't!"

I could feel eyes on me, and I finally looked back up to see a crowd of boys behind Chan and Woojin. I felt shameful more than anything. I didn't realise this would get so out of hand.

"I told him I was coming to warn you and-"

"He knows you're here?" Chan narrowed his eyes, "Are you stupid?? The first thing he's gonna do is kill you for siding with his enemies! You have no idea what you're getting int-"

"Of course I do! I always have!" I grabbed the wall beside me, using it to pull myself back to my feet. "He told me...if I left his side for yours, then he'll kill me." I tightened my fingers around the corner of the wall, my legs limping slightly. "I want him dead for what he did."

The sound of clapping hands provoked me to lift my head, seeing Dae-sung stood in the doorway. He grinned devilishly at me, leaning against the doorframe, "I knew he'd twist the story." He sighed, "So, you know everything that happened?" He raised his brow at me.

I nodded slowly. "I had no idea that-"

"I don't wanna hear anymore. Get out." Chan snapped at me, refusing to make eye contact.

"Hang on, Chan." His father stopped him, pointing over to me, "This is how we get Daehyun exactly where we want him. We can use her to our advantage."

"No. I refuse to let you." He gripped onto the gun, watching as Dae-sung lowered his hand.

"She can fight with us."

"She's not fighting. She's leaving." He bit the inside of his cheek, turning his head to me, "You're leaving, right now. Get as far away as you can and...never come back."

He turned around, pushing past the crowd of boys stood around the doorway. Why was he acting so...weird?

Dae-sung stepped forward, "You've made an impact on him. Fight with us tonight." He nodded.

"Boss, you can't trust that she won't turn on us." Woojin narrowed his eyes, practically spitting at me. "She could kill us all."

"She won't." Dae-sung smirked.

"How do you know that?" One of the boys from behind interferred.

"She doesn't want Chan to get hurt." He looked back at me, "Because she loves him. Isn't that right?"

I froze, gulping as I made eye contact with him.

After hating them for so long, I finally came to terms with my feelings.

I did love Chan.

I nodded slowly, "That's right."

Chan's POV

I stood close to the door, making sure I was able to hear the conversation clearly.

I couldn't accept the idea of her being here, and the idea of my father wanting to help her. He was willing to let her fight for us, but for what?

"Because she loves him. Isn't that right?"

"That's right."

My eyes widened at her response. My heart began to sink in my stomach, why did she keep giving me mixed feelings...

Apart of me wanted to keep pushing her away, so she wouldn't get hurt. Yet, I desperately wanted her to stay. I wanted to stay by her side to make sure she was okay, so I could protect her from her father. But what if it was a trick? I couldn't be dragged back into this...

I was finally starting to ignore my feelings for her, but I couldn't do it anymore.

She admitted how she felt. So, I had to admit, too.

I fell in love with her.