𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑂𝑛𝑒

Chan's POV

"Jeongin, did you check the glass we found?"

I finally got down to the room where Jeongin was. They didn't know about the girl running away, but I needed to find this out before I went ahead with any other plans.

"It's just finishing now. You're just in time." He swivvled around in his chair, moving to his other computer as he began to check through the results.

Only Jeongin knew how this system worked, I wouldn't understand how to use it.

Hyunjin leant over Jeongin's shoulder, staring at the screen in front of him whilst I moved to the other side of them, "You got the results?"

"Um..." Jeongin frowned at the results being shown on the screen, "This can't be right."

"What?"

"It's coming up with two results, I think something went wrong-"

"Two results?" Hyunjin furrowed his brows.

"Yeah. It's not just one DNA. It's two. But..." There was a slight pause in Jeongin's speech, "...the DNA's the same."

"So, they're related?"

"Blood related, yeah."

"You think it could be twins?"

I stared at the information given on the computer, I somehow started to come up with an idea. "Give me a minute."

I left the room quickly, rushing upstairs to my bedroom. I stared at the clothes sprawled out on my floor, sighing at the mess. I had a quick thought, but I didn't know if it would work.

I ran into the bathroom, grabbing a toothbrush.

When she first got here, I'd given her the essentials of what she'd need, I couldn't leave her with nothing. I was hoping her DNA would still be left on the toothbrush, and somehow Jeongin could check the DNA. And, if it matched the blood on the pieces of glass, I'd at least be able to know something more.

I ran back downstairs to Jeongin and Hyunjin, handing the younger boy the toothbrush. "Here. I need you to try and test the DNA on this. See if it matches the glass."

Jeongin nodded, already getting to work.

Before I could leave the room a second time, Hyunjin dragged me back in with a confused look on his face. "You really think it could be the girl?"

I stayed silent, not responding to his question.

"It's impossible, Chan. Think about it. She's been in here all night-"

"She knocked Seungmin out." I bit the inside of my cheek.

"W-what..?"

"He's unconscious. We have to wait for him to wake up in case he knews anything. She wasn't in my room where I left her, my clothes are all over the floor and my guns missing. The window was wide open, it wouldn't surprise me if she fled. But, she could still be in the quarters, and she's armed so she's dangerous. I've asked Changbin to go look around the perimeter, you should help him."

He nodded, "What if it was her blood? She set us up-"

"I don't think it's her blood. She wouldn't have been able to get to the building before us, it would've been impossible. And she wouldn't have been able to get out without us seeing. I don't think it was her blood."

"Who's blood do you think it was?"

"Dohyun's. If you think about it, it makes sense."

"Wait..." Hyunjin widened his eyes, he realised what I was saying finally. "The DNA's the same... So, if it's Dohyun's then the girl is-"

"Related to him. Brother and sister, I guess. Maybe twins, they have matching DNA."

"Unidentical?" He raised a brow.

"I suppose. But that's not what matters, right now. What matters is that Dohyun was probably there before us, which means he set us up. And obviously Daehyun was involved in this, maybe he thought it would slow us down aswell as BtoB."

"Well, he was wrong. Wasn't he?" Hyunjin smirked, "I'll go check the quarters, I'll let you know if I find her."

"Hyunjin, do me another favour..."

He turned back around to face me, waiting for me to ask the question.

"Find out where the fuck those guards are. They're never on duty when we need them, I'll mention it to my father."

"Got it." He winked, leaving the room.

"Chan, the results are in."

"Already?" My eyes widened again as I turned t Jeongin, wandering over to the computer screen for a second time.

"A toothbrush is easier to identify than blood on pieces of glass." He chuckled, watching the results appear on the screen again. "Is this why you wanted me to identify the DNA on the toothbrush aswell?"

I frowned at him.

"The DNA's the exact same..." He murmured, "Who's toothbrush is this?"

I sighed, "It's that girls."

"The one we kept hostage??"

I nodded, "She's gone. I have an idea where she's gone, but..."

"How did she get out?"

I patted his shoulder, turning to leave the room, "Meet us upstairs for a meeting. I'll talk about it there. In the meantime..." I grunted, "I need to speak to my father."