Rika's body went into a momentary frenzy, placing her half-empty bowl back down onto the table.

It was said as a command, a trick question for her to stay the hell put.

Immediately, she plopped her ass back down into her seat, nervous laughter filtering out of her tiny frame. "You know what? I should probably finish all of this delicious food on my plate before I go."

He bared his teeth, showing her his pearly whites, the smile was anything but comforting. It didn't reach his eyes, "Good idea." Praising her in the most sarcastic way he possibly could, she merely gulped out loud.

Bringing her fork into the dish, she prodded at her pasta, trying to ignore the blatant fact that her erect nipples were very much in the open, all thanks to the cold airconditioning.

Lilia cried out an abrupt 'ow!', prompting three pairs of eyes to look, her chubby cheeks were tinted a rosy pink. "Nessie, keeps on hitting me." She tattled, her lips forming a pout.

"Jan." Came out of a bored sounding Slater, as expected the warning did nothing to help the situation.

"—I'm tired, so is Lia." Janessa interjected, glaring at her sister before mustering up a fake yawn, and going as far to stretch her little arms over her head. "Daddy, we're gonna go to bed now."

He barely reacted, giving the two munchkins an odd look. "Neither of you have finished your food yet, so you're not going anywhere." He was waiting for the bickering to start up, although, it never did, much to his surprise—he heard Lia yawn in response.

"Yeah... I'm sleepy, I wanna go to bed." She whined, turning his head around with her hands.

He blinked. "Since when do you girls ever want to go to bed willingly?"

Rika held back a gasp when her own face was jerked to the side, only to see awaiting hazel eyes peering into her own.

What had gotten into them? She thought, fearing the absolute worst.

"I think they might be catching a cold." She announced, sighing as the two girls practically begged to be put down on the floor.

"Seriously?" He hesitated, licking his lips and rubbing the space between his eyebrows to rid of the dull ache. Muttering something incoherent under his breath, he motioned for them to push their chairs back. "Alright fine, we can go to bed now."

Reluctantly, each girl was picked out of their seats and set down onto the floor.

"You'll have to wait here whilst I put the dishes away." Slater started to follow in suit, moving his chair back when Janessa grabbed ahold of Lilia's hand hastily.

"Podozhi minutu, ty ponimayesh', chto ty delayesh'?" Rika didn't understand what he was saying, though it wasn't hard to guess it must've been a scolding for them to be hurrying to leave without their father.

He received a guilty-looking smile, and an equally naughty snicker.

"Don't worry about reading us a bedtime story, we don't want one. G'night!" She rushed out, tugging her little sister behind with her as they ran around Slater and raced each other out of the dining room.

Playful giggles were the only thing left to echo the room, causing her boss to scoff. He shook his head, proceededing to stack the dishes into one pile, not seeming to be the slightest bit affected.

Unlike Rika who shot up, shaky hands gripping the edge of the table. "Wait a minute! Hold each other's hands, and don't run up the stai—" It was too late, they were gone.