Burnt Sienna...

It was him

... But he wasn't alone.

She had replicated the cartoon of the famous 'Three monkeys' to and dapatation of caricatures that was of the three Pandian Brothers. She had so artistically drawn the three of the pandian brothers, Jeeva; with his hand covering his eyes, obedient smile in his face. 'See no evil' but now it was changed to..  a small scripture of her handwriting "Kadivaalam kattina gudhirai maadhiri kudumbam thavara vera onnum theryaadhu..."

Kathir jaw locked.

Moorthy was on the middle with a hand over his ears, the same satisfied smile on his face, the personification of ignorance is bliss. 'Hear no evil' morphed into the words... "Thaan pudicha muyaluku moonu kaalu nu mathavanga solradhu kekaama thannoda karuthaye solvaar..."

His heart raced a little to find himself,

And lastly, Kathir, hands over his mouth, calm eyes. The 'Speak no evil' but changed to say. "Vaaila kozhakkatai vecha mari avasiyathuku pesitu matha neram laam urrr nu irupaar..."

Kathir didn't know what exactly he was feeling right now, shocked that she had penned his face to the T, or insulted that she took all his brother for a ride at troll city...

He would be lying if he had said that his family members had no flaw. There was no such thing a as flawless human. It was just that he didn't he just didn't mind them. Or maybe he hadn't put much thought into them. But she, as a third person, probably saw how glaring the obvious was, how are the brothers acted when it came to arguments and conflicts within the house...  Maybe this cartoon had some truth to it... But he rather, eat chilled his whole life than admit it. His cheeks reddened slowly, as he zoomed focused to himself...

"Avasiyathuku pesitu matha neram laam urrr nu irupaar.."

"Irupaar??"  Well, that respect is new... wasn't he always 'Kathiru..' or even better, the guy she rolls her eyes away from? He re-read his description below for the fifth time. 

Her plea was his silence... Did his silence really bother her? Did she mean that she would like to have a conversation with him or was this just because she couldn't find enough space to fill all the terrible things she thought of him in one page...

... Did she really give him a second thought? 

He had spent the past week or so, training his brain to only and only ever think about work. that was his only distraction, salvation ... his everything, because if he did, if he let himself sink in slef pity of what his marriage life will mount to.. he had no answer.   But what about her? Is this her salvation from this nightmare of a marriage? Making fun of him in that sketchbook of hers, would that be the balm to her wounds? 

He threw a look at her, he felt as though she stirred from her sleep... she went still again, that crease between her eyebrows, smoothed

She had a good sense of humor though, he had to admit, the cartoon of them and the fitting caption...if it wasn't tarnishing his family he would have been a fan..

The rustle of papers brought her back from her deep slumber. She blinked her eyes, slowly as though sand paper was gliding through her eyes balls. In a blurred haze, she laid her eyes on him.

In a flash, she sat up, so fast she felt as though her head spinned. Heart started to hammer against her ribcage  as she gaping at him, he was only few inches away from her. For the first time every the proximity where she could see each crease on his mustard yellow shirt. But he wasn't looking at her, no he was staring at... Her sketchbook. 

Her heart jumped to her throat, thinking back to the contents in there. Without a second thought she snatched the book away from his hands and stood up, flustered and panicked. Had he seen it? Had he seen what she drew of him?