Dove Gray...

A/N: Intha episode ah kandipudika na patapadu irukeee :'( . But it was worth it :) one of my favourites, but I hope you like my version too. 

__________________________________________________________________

Mullai was far more agile than a rabbit, thought Kathir. Or a deer. 

 A deer with a secret. 

Dinner was no less than hide and seek, for the two of them. When Kathir seeked her eyes, prying, to figure out what had happened during the morning, she hid behind every pillar, and every human too. 

He had a sneaking suspicion she was using Kanna as a pretext to help her in the kitchen, really she was making sure she blocked Kathir's piercing gaze. If it was any other situation Kathir would have found this funny, because it was really.  Maybe if this was between them, and she was hiding behind every pillar like deer before a hunter he would have enjoyed hunting. 

But he knew this was something more serious. He could tell by the restless silence of Moorthy and the weirdly jittery posture of Dhanam. If Jeeva noticed it, then he didn't say a word. Kathir found himself running to the room as soon as possible, waiting for Mullai to follow him. 

"Aathi na enna panna poren.. ivuha roomuku pora vegatha pathi inniki na setha pola, akka vera sollakudathu nu la promise vangi irukaha..", Mullai mumbled to herself her eyebrow meeting in the middle, as she closed the cap of the water bottle.  Kanna had come up behind her, which she was blind to,

"Yenna anni? Ennaku nalaiku paritcha irukum bothu moonji eppidi irukumo athey maari moonji vetchu irukinga?" Kanna leaned in, wondering what happened to Mullai. Who in turn was so worried that she nodded glumly without thinking "Kitathata appudi than da..", she mumbled 

"Huh?!" Kanna's eyebrows roze quizzically, 

"Ahn! Tch, onnum illa da," Mullai pulled away from thoughts, "Seri, intha dabba matum fridge la vetchiru, na poren ... good night, " She said, pouting and Kanna was left wondering if he imagined it or Mullai really did cross her shoulder and kiss, her eyes flying to the heavens before entering her room. 

Upon doing so she saw Kathir pacing the room. Mullai let out a breath, slow and shallow steading herself. Normally  at this point they would both share steely smiles at each other, he pretends to look as if he wasn't waiting for her while she fans out her art materials, and then they listen to music, and talk a little in between each song, asking each other for the song requests. 

But tonight was different, as soon as she entered the room he looked up and caught her eyes. Direct and strong. Like he was waiting for her. Mullai felt a thrill in her spine, as she closed the door. She escaped his eyes and turned immediately, her hands going to the switch "Light off panirava...", she asked, trying her best to sound normal. 

And without waiting for his answer she went to press on the switch; when his hand caught her wrist, stopping her from doing so. She almost gasped, her stomach dropping as though she was on a rollercoaster. "Athukulla enna avasaram.. iru", He said, he  sounded unnerved which he too was surprised at. He didn't know what made him do it, but the second he touched her, something shifted... he couldn't really explain the feeling but it was as though done something strangely intimate. But it was only her wrist, he told himself, he had done this so many times when they were children, it was nothing. 

Mullai had stood frozen. Her eyes were wide like a deer, confirming his theory that she might be part animal. Her gaze went to her wrist slowly, as she gulped. "Ivaluku etho theriyum, athan ippidi muzhikura..", he thought. "Veetla etha prachanaiya?" he asked, no point in beating around the bush.