1.The Unforeseen Prom

Friday,16th December
              I was waiting for my school bus. Prom was at the corner. It was going to take place the next day. There was melancholy because I did not have a partner for the prom night. I was bullied in the highschool because of my petite height,chubbyness and my ugly face. The school bus arrived. As always I sat alone at the window seat while others were with their group. We reached the highschool and the prom was the talk of the town. My classmate called me,"Kiyara" and I stopped and said 'Hi'. She asked me,"so did you get any partner for the prom?" I replied,"no". And straight away walked from there. This saddened me and I could not pay attention during the lectures. I had a crush on my classmate Marcus but unfortunately he was the most handsome guy of the school and I never dared to approach him because he had also made fun of me with his friends. He was totally out of the league for me. He had not yet revealed his partner but I definitely knew it was going to be Olivia,the prettiest girl who had hundreds of boys behind her. The school finished and after reaching home I straight away ran into my bedroom and started crying. I even cursed myself for having such figure and face. My mom heard that. She came running in the room and hugged me. I had even decided not to go to the prom but she motivated me and gave me a new red gown to wear for the prom. I felt a bit better after talking to her.
Saturday,17th December
                   I was ready for the prom but deep down I was unhappy. My parents complimented me. Dad dropped me at the school. I wondered what am I going to do there and hoped that no one bullies me. I entered the hall. It was beautifully decorated. All were standing with their partners and I was all alone standing in the corner just watching everyone. There was one more talk of the town that who will Marcus choose as his partner. All girls including me were eager to know this but I definitely knew one thing that it was not going to be me. Finally Marcus arrived and he looked dashing as always. After entering the hall the started walking towards me. Olivia was standing besides me with her friends. I knew he was going to ask her for the prom. Marcus stopped walking and stood in front of me. He asked me,"will you be my partner for tonight?" I was totally spellbound. But then I said,"Marcus please don't prank. I know you will never choose me as your partner." He then sat on his knees and said,"no it's not at all a prank. I want to apologise for my behaviour and for making fun of you earlier. If you have forgiven me please be my partner for tonight." There was a wave of shock and suprise all over in the hall. I was extremely delighted after hearing all this and this was like a dream for me. I said,"yes I have forgave you and I will be your partner tonight." We both danced together on dance floor. Girls were constantly staring at us and were very jealous. We were together in the whole prom night and I enjoyed it a lot. He dropped me at home afte rthe prom night and we became good friends. This was a totally unpredictable and unexpected day of my life which I could not forget for the rest of my life. This is one of my most unforgettable memory.