chapter 15 : kartik's concern

"In these two years did you undergo any surgery for your leg?"Kartik asked without any delay.

"No!"Naira lied.

"But Naira...!"Kartik started but was stopped by Kartik.

"Look I am okay. You don't need to worry about me. I am alright. Just forget about it!You can leave now. I can manage from here!"she said firmly.

"Naira please don't be stubborn!"Kartik said

"I am not being stubborn. I am okay and there is nothing to worry about. Just leave Kartik. I can take care of myself!"Naira said.Kartik was about to reply to that but stopped when naira's phone rang.

"Naira,where are you?"Tanvi asked as soon as Naira answered the call.

"Tanvi you called just in time. I am actually at a hospital. Can you come here?"Naira asked

"What?are you okay?why are at a hospital?"she asked in concern

"I am fine but please come!"Naira replied

"Haa tell me which hospital. I will be there now!"Tanvi said. Naira told her the name of the hospital and ended the call.

"Tanvi is coming. You should leave now. If she sees you here it won't be good. So you can leave!"Naira said ignoring eye contact with him. Kartik left the room but still stayed in the hospital.

After sometime he saw Tanvi come. He waited some distance away from naira's room.

"Naira?What happened?"Tanvi asked coming into the room Naira was in.

"I am okay Tanvi. I just sprained my ankle..!"Naira said

"Are you done here than? Let's go. I will drop you at your home!"Tanvi said and Naira nodded.

Later on Naira and Tanvi came out. Kartik noticed them come out. Tanvi helped Naira by holding her hand and helping her walk.

Tanvi and Naira got into a cab and left while Kartik followed them. After sometime they reached home. Tanvi and Naira went in followed by Kartik.

After Naira went inside her house Kartik then went upstairs.

In the night Kartik was standing in his balcony.His thoughts were completely filled with Naira and he kept wondering what happened to her and why she was not answering his questions. He wanted her to tell the truth to him but she was not.

His chain of thoughts were broke when he heard a knock on the main door. He went inside and opened the door.

"Kirti?"he said in confusion

"Aren't you happy you saw me?"Kirti joked which made Kartik smile.

"Come here!"he said happily and hugged her.

"How are you?"She asked breaking the hug.

"I am good. How are you?"he asked

"I am great too!"Kirti replied with a smile.

"Acha come on in!"Kartik said. Kirti then walked in and Kartik closed the door.