chapter 7 : in eachother's arms

After college ended Naira went home. Naira entered the lift and was stunned when she saw Kartik in. Kartik also looked pretty shocked when he saw her.

They stood away from each other and looked down. But suddenly the elevator stopped.

"What's going on?why did it stop?"Kartik said while Naira was confused as well.

"Is there anyone? We are struck inside!"Naira said banging on the elevator door.

Kartik started to feel suffocated. He coughed slightly and took deep breaths.

Naira who senses something was wrong turn around and saw Kartik.

"Kartik?what is wrong? Are you okay?"she asked getting panic.

Kartik took off his coat and was about to stumble but Naira caught him just in time.

Kartik hugged Naira tightly which shocked Naira. He took deep breaths and it started to worry Naira.

"Kartik..what is wrong?"Naira asked worryingly.

"Kartik is not claustrophobic. Then what's wrong? Why does he feel so suffocated..!"Naira thought.

"Naira..I...!"he tried to speak but couldn't.

"It is okay Kartik..don't worry..I am here with you..I am not leaving you...!"Naira said hugging him.

"You already left me..!"Kartik whispered slowly which made Naira to break the hug while he still hugged her. Tears rolled down naira's eyes and she closed her eyes.

Just the elevator door opened when security guard and some other people who live came.

"Are you guys okay?"security guard asked.

"Please help him..he needs some air..please move aside..!"Naira said. The security guard and Naira helped Kartik stand up and helped him walk out.

They made him sit on a chair while Naira ran to get some water.

"Kartik drink it..!"Naira said and Kartik looked at her

"I don't want it!"he said annoyingly and looked away

"Don't act like a child Kartik!drink it!"Naira said angrily.

He snatched the bottle from her and drank some water and finally felt relieved.

"Kartik..are you okay..I mean what happened inside..?"Naira asked slowly

"It is just work stress. You don't need to worry so much about me!"Kartik said which hurted Naira.

"I do care for you Kartik. I always did and I always will..!"Naira thought to herself.

"And now you can go. I am feeling better!"Kartik said and then left.

Naira then left and went to her house. She entered to see Naitik packing his clothes.

"Papa? Are you going somewhere?"Naira asked.

"Haa princess. I am going to Udaipur for few days. Kirti called and said that Naksh is having some problem with the restaurant. He didn't tell me so Kirti told me. I think I should go on and check one..!"Naitik said.