dix

"Have you figured anything out yet?" Lydia leant her head on her hand. "You know, ability wise?"

"I've been trying as best as I can to get it right but it doesn't happen," I shook my head. "She said that I could get it myself, but it's hard."

"Have you tried reaching her from within your mind? She's half you so you'll be able to speak with her much like you speak with Stiles or Natalie," Bradley pointed out. "I've done it with my wolf before."

"Why don't you use your wolf to get to Kayla's?" Lydia raised her eyebrows. "He could talk some sense into her."

The room fell silent.

"You honestly didn't think of that?" Lydia exclaimed.

"How would we do it?" I asked, bouncing back and forth on my toes.

"I'll bring mine forth and he will be in charge. I'll warn you, he may lash out if you say the wrong thing, but he's got a pretty good temper," Bradley warned. "Then you'll bring yours forward. It'll help if we're alone."

"Stiles you're going to leave," I ordered.

"What?" Stiles narrowed his eyes at me.

"She's right," Bradley interjected. "My wolf is unpredictable to her. He could lash out at you. She can defend herself. You can't."

"Go, now," I demanded, locking the doors around us.

They left, Bradley and I in the basement.

"I have a dominant wolf. It's only normal if our wolves argue," Bradley smiled. "I'll help you bring your's first."

"I got it," I grinned, feeling the anger pulse through my veins.

I let her through, my body in the strange half-shifted form again. I hated this feeling, but I needed it to happen. Bradley nodded in agreement, his body starting to twitch.

"Lyall," his voice was much deeper and held more confidence.

"You force my mate out of the room?"

I could feel her anger rising.

"It was our humans you idiot. It was precautionary."

"I'd kill anyone that touches him," she snarled, my gums aching.

"Why are you holding your human hostage?" he growled. "She hates you. I can feel her writhing to be set free."

"She has to learn her ways. Our mate is in trouble and she does nothing to fix it. She believes leaving is the answer. She wants revenge for her family's death. She is immature and in need of a lesson."

"But making her unstable is not the answer. Bring her powers forth and she will let it be. I let my human, Bradley, do many things. He is smart and willing to let me free when needed. I'm sure Kayla would do the same."

'I would,' I calmly retorted as best as I could in my mind. 'If this is what it takes I will let you take over from time to time.'

'Fine Kayla. I will let you have your abilities. But help Stiles. He isn't right.'

I came forward again, my brain hurting. Bradley's wolf stood before me, his eyes gold and strong. He was waiting for an answer from me, but I knew that I had nothing to say.

"Did she agree?" his wolf stood tall above me, towering over me.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Let them back in," he declared, his size intimidating me. "You shouldn't fear me, Kayla. I've known you since you were young. I was your brother's best friend before he left. I left with him for a while, but I had to come here to learn about myself more. Learn to control it."

"Why don't I remember you?"

"Because your brother left when you were young. Your parents never spoke of me. Derek, Kyle, and I were all friends. After the Hale fire, we needed to get out of the area to protect you. It was the Hale's plan to turn you. They've known about your future since you were born."

"Why hasn't Bradley or Kyle or Derek tell me any of this?"

"Because they're too afraid to. We've all been apart in the planning. Laura Hale was supposed to change you but she was murdered by Peter. Derek had told Scott about the plan just before the incident with Troy. It only made the problem intensify when we it was uncovered that you had Stiles as your anchor."

"So what you're saying is that my life has been planned since the day I was born?"

"Essentially. It was difficult to differentiate which one was going to turn out like you, but once Natalie shifted, we knew it was going to be you."

"And the twins. They're my brothers, right?"

"They're definitely your brothers. They we born two years before you. Your mother left your father for a trip. She got pregnant and stayed at her mothers. He saw her very little. They made up and had you and Natalie."

I nodded, my questions answered.

"You can bring Bradley back now if you want," I shrugged, going to open the door.

"Kayla," he spoke, "before I give Bradley back to you I want you to know that your brother, Derek, and I were only trying to keep you safe. Once we all left, your turned family went too. I don't understand why your mother killed your family, but I do know why they all left. They had to leave to keep you from being killed. If they were there, the hunters would've burned your house down with you in it just like they did to the Hale's."

I smiled weakly, turning the lock on the door.

"Are you okay?" Allison ran to the door.

"We're good. I'm not sure if Bradley's back or not, but his wolf seems friendly."

"I'm good," he grinned next to me. "And I'm sorry."

"Not your fault."