Christmas

Prompt: Can we get a prompt of Sam being one of the kids who gets excited when they get a banana for Christmas when they're toddlers? Maybe one of the other liar's kids gives it to him as a joke to film him and he reacts positively? Maybe?

*****

Quick guide to "who that baby-daddy" PLL edition, because there's a hella lot of kids running around...it's your own fault for talking me into writing these families.

Fitz kids: Finn and Aurora
Rivers kid: Cami
Cavanaugh kids: Bailey and Violet
DiLaurentis-Fields kids (like I have to tell you?): Grace, Lily, Sam
DiLaurentis (Jason and his wife Danielle) kids: Leo and Maddox

*****

Christmas

The DiLaurentis-Fields' house was the most decked out house on the street, inside and out. The flashing lights that made their place look like a scene out of Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation drew in people driving by. They stopped to look at all the decorations and the timed light show that Emily had set up this year.

Inside, the house smelled of everything Christmas-y. Pine, Cinnamon, Cocoa, peppermint, and the pure joy of children ripping open presents and squealing in delight when they got something they'd been dreaming of all year.

No one got more excited about their gifts than the youngest member of the family, three and a half year old Sam DiLaurentis-Fields. He had a slew of toys that had been given to him by his moms' closest friends, who had joined them for a Christmas dinner at their house.

The toddler had insisted that everyone else open up their presents first, so now that all of the kids had their new gadgets and playthings he was the center of attention. He went through each one of his presents slowly and meticulously, each one more exciting than the last. He was starting to get to an age where he could appreciate the joy of receiving gifts. He was sitting by the Christmas tree, his face illuminated by the lights. He was surrounded by everything he'd been given.

He'd gotten a train set from Finn and Aurora Fitz, Aria and Ezra's kids. Nine-year-old Finn had helped his new little sister pick it out. They had adopted her nearly a year ago. She had just turned five and it was her first big Christmas with her new family. She'd taken an instant shine to Sam, because he was close to her age and she liked his enthusiasm. He also had a very obvious crush on her.

Sam glanced at his new toys. He'd gotten a shark pillow and a set of Legos from Cami Rivers, Caleb and Hanna's thirteen-year-old daughter. Spencer and Toby's younger daughter Violet, who had just turned twelve, had helped her pick out the new Lego set for him. Their older daughter Bailey had gotten him a bubble machine and a bunch of candy.

His cousins, Leo and Maddox, along with their dad Jason, had built him a play set in the back yard. His twin sisters, Lily and Grace, who had just passed their sixteenth birthday milestone had bought him a scooter and a drum set, something their mothers had advised them against...because they knew he'd beat on it at all hours.

When he'd opened the drums the twins had grinned at their moms. Alison had given them an "I'm going to kill you both in your sleep" death glare, but Emily thought it was hilarious. She'd even called Sam "Our Little Drummer Boy".

There was only one present that remained. Cami was the one who leaned down and plucked it out from underneath the tree. She handed it to him and smiled.

"Now, this one is really special, Sam. All of us chipped in to get this just for you."

The rest of the kids giggled. Bailey and Grace both pulled out their cell phones to record him. He stared at the poorly wrapped package, but the presentation of the gift didn't matter to him. He looked up at the other kids with a nervous smile on his little face, like he was afraid he wasn't worthy of the gift, because wow, they had ALL gotten it for him. It had to be really cool.