Surprise!

Prompt: I was wondering if you could do a prompt where Alison and Emily finding out that this time around they're having a boy?

***

I have been trying to get all of my prompts from Tumblr over to Fanfic. There are quite a few asks in my inbox. And this particular ask had been requested numerous occasions. Just a reminder that all my AU family prompts take place in a universe in which Alison did not go to Beacon Heights. If you want a refresher on where my AU Liars are with their families, we've got:

Rivers kid: Cami.

Fitz kid(s): Finn. And later (post Sam being born) Aurora.

Cavanaugh kids: Violet and Bailey.

DiLaurentis (Jason and his wife, Dani) kids: Leo and Maddox.

***

Surprise!

Family was everything to Alison DiLaurentis-Fields. She'd spent so much of her youth trapped behind fake smiles that hid tumultuous secrets. She'd been suffocated by the pressure of existing in a picture perfect family, unable to tell her friends that behind all the jewels and riches there was a twisted sinister world in her household.

It had taken her years to build up the trust to let people love her. But when she finally found her chosen family in her childhood best friend, Emily, she realized that even broken children could become whole again. Their love story was anything but textbook. They'd been through hell together. But they managed to come out the other end.

The circumstances behind the conception of their twins sent both girls careening into a dark place. It had been the most trying time in their lives. But when the girls were born they loved them.

Grace and Lily were conceived in the dark, but they were raised in the light. They knew the strength of family. And Alison loved that family. Extending the family, however, was more than a little nerve-wracking. Yet, that's exactly what they were doing.

"That's definitely a penis." Grace stared at one of her mother's ultrasound photos.

"That's a finger, Grace." Lily rolled her eyes. "You see the other four just like it?"

They were studying all of the ultrasound photos of their new baby sibling to try and make their decisions about the sex before the gender reveal party their moms were having that afternoon. Grace looked at the photo again.

"Maybe he's an alien and he's got five little willies."

"This explains why you're failing Bio."

"Excuse me, what?" Alison peered in through the kitchen doorway.

"Oh, shit." Grace jumped, knocking over her books. She glared at her sister. "You woke the sleeping dragon."

Alison walked into the room. She hadn't gained a ton of pregnancy weight yet, but she was already showing, though it was mostly in her face and chest. Her stomach was a rounded pouch. She was carrying high. If she wore loose fitting clothing no one could tell that she was pregnant. Though her mood swings rivaled that of a hormonal teenage girl. When she lost her cool she was like a volcanic eruption, leaving disaster and disarray in her wake.

"Grace, what have we told you about that mouth of yours?"

"I'm going to stand really still and hope it doesn't see me." Grace muttered through her teeth. She had an impish grin on her face.

"You're hilarious," Alison said flatly. She pointed to a container on the counter. "Swear jar."

"She said 'damn' earlier, too." Lily smirked.