21

Minho was running in front of her. They were going through so many corridors and all the time turning left or right. She was messed from the beginning but Minho seemed like he knew exactly where they were all the time. He was cutting ivy with his knife if they were obstrucking their way and she carefully was watching to learn how to do it. Sometimes he got his notebook and wrote things. After a long time of running they finally sat for lunch.

''Congrats! You made it to the lunch without falling or stopping. You're very tough.''

She just nodded. The girl was very exhausted and didn't have enough oxygen to talk.

''You should learn how to cut ivy without getting slow. Don't stop running no matter what happens. Do not be late. When you get back to the glade you just run to map today's route. If you don't do it, you'll forget it and that's not good.''

Minho continued talking about the rules but he was repeating same things with different words. She stopped listening when for the 3rd time he said ''Don't stop running.''. Her head was empty. She just thought how boring was here even if she was a runner. The girl thought that it would have more action and tension. Just then Minho stopped talking.

''What''s going on?'' She asked. He was frozen.

''Just calm down. Don't talk and get up slowly. We can make it. Oh, we can't make it! What are we going to do? Running? That thing is faster than us. We are already dead.'' He was whispering to himself.

She turned her head to look him but something else caught her glance. A griever. The girl was counting on Minho in those situations but when she heard his words she understood that he was betrayed.

''Minho! Get up.'' She stood and gave her hand to the boy. He didn't took it. Actually he didn't even see it. He was looking right into the griever with eyes full with frighten. She pulled him up which costed many powers but she didn't care. Minho was not dying no matter what.

''We must go.'' The girl whispered to him hoping that the griever still didn't see them. Well, obviously it hadn't because if it had, now she was going to be stung or eaten. But then the machine's eyes turned to them. It focused and she didn't care anymore.

''Minho! Run!'' She shouted and started pulling the boy while running. Luckily he got to know the situation they were put in and started running. Soon he was leading again and they were sprinting the fastest they could. Come on, come on, come on! She repeated to herself and that kept her on legs with the adrenaline. Several times she almost fell but managed to stay on her legs. And the girl didn't have any idea how was still running not laying on the floor waiting for her death.

''Where are we going?'' The question appeared in her head and she forgot the rule ''Don't talk.''.

''I'm trying to get this griever out of my back.'' Minho shouted.

They continued turning sharply to other corridors. But then when they turned for a millionth time to the left, a wall showed in front of them. She stopped almost hitting Minho. He turned to see the griever coming to them slowly. Dead, dead, dead, already dead. A melody that she invented covered her brain. It killed every plan she could make. The hope dissapeared with it.

''You are not helping me!'' She shouted to the song.

Minho turned to her.

''I'm gonna die with a crazy person next to me.'' He sighed and she laughed.

''No, you are not gonna die. But thanks for the compliment.'' His laughter cleaned her thoughts.

''Why do you think we aren't gonna die? Look at it.'' He pointed the griever which was 20/30 stepps away from them.

''I think I've got something on my mind. We can just get away from the deadlock. You'll do the rest. Get us back to the Glade. Just trust me. Deal?''

''Well, I have nothing to lose exept my life. Deal.''

They waited until the griever was 5 stepps in front of them. She thought she saw a satisfactory smile on the griever's face. Well if she could accept that as its face. The machine pulled a knife out of its body and just when it was about to stabb it in her head, she and Minho jumped. They jumped to the wall. It had thick ivy but she wasn't sure if it could keep them without tearing. But there was not time for checking. She tried to jump as higher as she could. Minho was already holding it when she heard how the griever's knife jumped off the wall. She caught to the ivy as soon as she reached it.

''Go!'' The girl heard herself saying to Minho who started jumping to the next ivy. They were moving like Tarzan. She didn't even know from where she knew that name but was sure that it fit perfect to the explanation she was going to say when the gladers ask her what happened. Well if she sees them again. The griever was climbing on the wall and fastly cutting its way to them.

''Jump!'' Suddenly she heard Minho shouting and he let go from the ivy. The boy started falling to the floor. He was gonna smash on it. She was sure. But just when the boy was about to touch the floor he made a circle with his body and jumped. Minho continued running below her.

''Come on newbie! Jump!''

''I'm not a newbie anymore! Teresa is.'' She shouted back just to scatter Minho.

''Just jump! You'll be alright. Trust me!''

The girl sighed. ''You are gonna die if I end like a klunk on the floor.'' Then she let go the ivy.

She started flying to the floor. The girl pulled her legs to her chest like she was squatting in the air. Hah squat! Squats - exercise. Exercise - keeping fit. Keeping fit - no falling. No falling - no limps. Limp - Newt... Just when the girl was going to think something, a big vibration made its way from the legs and spreaded to all parts of her body. She felt blood in her mouth. I've bit me tounge! The girl tried to stop the bleeding with swallowing every drop of blood she felt but it continued flowing very hard.

''Get up!'' Minho was shouting. She felt the dizzines but still got up and continued running becasue the griever was after them.

''Come on, we're almost there.'' Minho wave his hand to hurry.

Just then she heard the noise. The sound of moving walls.

''Noo...'' She whispered. It couldn't be that late.

But the girl couldn't escape from the truth: the doors to the maze were closing.

_________________________
A/N: Hey, guys! Sorry that chapter sucked. Pleeeeeeaaaaaseee comment and vote. Thanks :)).
Love always,
Joanna