"But that would be rude, Draco," Hermione argued. Draco raised an eyebrow at her.

"What's rude is barging into someone's house every night when they ask you to leave," he replied. Hermione sank in her seat and gnawed at her sandwich. Draco sighed and looked at her. "Have you at least told Harry? You should have someone looking out for you."

"I have you, don't I?" she asked, looking up at him from where she was practically lying down in her seat. Draco just smiled in response and nudged her foot with his own on the other side of her desk. She grinned at him and shimmied back up so she was actually sitting in her seat before promptly changing the subject.

* * * * *

At some point, Cormac had decided that every Tuesday and Thursday night, he and Hermione would watch a movie together. It had been a mistake letting him see her muggle television and explaining it to him, but she couldn't undo it now. Unfortunately, she'd showed him how to turn it on and explained it enough that Cormac knew what it was.

"Cormac, I don't have time right now," Hermione said, standing beside the couch that he was sitting on. Cormac stood up and she sighed, hoping that was a sign that he would leave. "I really need to finish up some paperwork and I—"

She was interrupted as Cormac grabbed her face and pulled her lips up to his. Hermione's eyes widened and she shoved him away, but not before he'd kissed her firmly. As she sputtered hopelessly, Cormac smiled at her.

"You don't have to fight me, Hermione," he said, "I like you a lot and I like to think you like me back. So come on, just one muggle picture?"

Hermione refused and ended up apparating to Draco's flat when Cormac didn't leave. It was hardly past dinner time and she could hear water running in the kitchen, but she didn't move from where she'd apparated to. Certain the loud crack had alerted Draco to her presence, Hermione remained frozen in the living room until Draco poked his head around the kitchen corner.

"Hermione?"

He set his wand down when he realised it was just her and hurried to her side. He gingerly reached forward and cupped her face, brushing away a few tears with his thumbs. She hadn't even realised she'd been crying.

"Hermione, what happened?" he asked worriedly. Her hands reached up on their own accord and grabbed hold of his wrists tightly when he attempted to pull back and she took a shaky breath. "Are you okay? Talk to me," Draco said, getting more worried by the second.

"I'm okay," she whispered. She wasn't looking at him, but Draco could still tell she'd said it more for his benefit than hers. "I—Cormac came by again."

"What?" Draco hissed. He turned toward his door and Hermione's hold on him tightened. "What did he do?"

Hermione was shaking ever so subtly under his touch and she was rattled enough Draco knew something different had to have happened. The lack of response was doing nothing for his nerves.

"He kissed me," she said, her voice barely even a whisper. Draco froze and Hermione dropped her head to his chest. "He came in and insisted on making food before trying to work my muggle TV. When I asked him to leave, he just grabbed me and kissed me."

"Is he still there?" Draco asked. His hands moved away from her face so he could hug her instead.

Hermione nodded against his chest then paused and shrugged.

"He was when I left," she told him. Draco held her tighter as her shoulders shook some more and pressed a kiss to her head. If she hadn't been holding him so tightly, he probably would have apparated to her flat to see McLaggen out himself. "Don't go," Hermione said.