"No," he responded. "They're dead."

Lily flinched, realizing that she already knew that information. She forgot that her father had mentioned it several years ago on one of their lengthy phone calls. At the time, she contemplated calling Ford, but her pride stopped her. Her pride was always getting in the way of doing what she knew was right. It was part of the reason she hadn't taken off that damn wedding ring. She didn't want people to know just how fucked up and sad her life really was.

"I'm so sorry," Lily said, turning towards Ford. "I knew that. I just forgot. My dad told me and I meant to call or send a card but..."

Ford turned and their eyes met.

"It's okay," he said, cutting her off. "It doesn't matter."

But it wasn't okay and it did matter to Lily. He mattered to her, even if she was too stubborn to admit it to his face or even to herself.

"So why are we here?" Lily inquired, hoping to break the excruciating silence between the two of them.

"This way," he said, motioning with his head and Lily followed.

Ford led her past the living room and towards the kitchen. It looked like it hadn't been used in years. She glanced over at the dining room with its dark drab colors and little natural light. The entire space was far too compartmentalized. It needed to be opened up. It needed big windows with streams of natural light flooding in. This place would be an architect's dream. It just needed a little more vision from someone who knew how to utilize the land's natural beauty to compliment the space.

"For a long time I thought about selling it," Ford said as he stopped near the kitchen island. "There's so much work that needs to be done. I've done little things here or there."

Lily remembered his calloused hands. It must have been from trying to fix up the house.

"But," Ford continued. "It's an enormous property for just me."

"So why didn't you sell it?"

Ford hesitated, then looked up at Lily.

"Because of you."

"Me?" Lily was shocked. "What do I have to do with it?"

Ford stepped closer, closing the gap between the two of them.

"You always loved this place. And for a long time I thought maybe you would come back and maybe we would..."

"What?" she asked, but he didn't respond.

"We would what, Ford?"

"I thought that maybe it wouldn't be just one lonely man with all this property."

He paused to gauge Lily's reaction, but her silence left him feeling foolish.

"Never mind. Forget I said anything," he said, turning away.

"Wait," Lily grabbed him by the arm. It had been a long time since she'd seen him so vulnerable and honest with his emotions. She couldn't believe he had actually hesitated to sell this property and make millions because he thought she might come back to him.

"Ford, I..." but before she could finish her thought, Ford's hand pulled her face to his and his lips crashed against hers. Lily's lips parted and clung desperately to his as she was finally getting the release of all the tension she'd felt since he left her last night wanting more. She kept waiting for Ford to stop, expecting him to pull away like he did the last time, but his kisses only became deeper and more intense.

He lifted her up, grabbing her under her thighs. Lily's body followed his lead as she spread her legs and wrapped them around his waist. He sat her on top of the kitchen counter without ever unlocking his lips from hers. The coldness of the granite sent a chill through her body but the heat from Ford's touch quickly warmed her up again. Her thighs burned and there was a throbbing sensation between her legs.

She lifted her arms up above her head and for a moment Ford stopped and looked deeply into her eyes as if checking to make sure she was certain. Her eyes met his and gave him the approval he needed. He grabbed the bottom of her dress and lifted it above her head, tossing it onto the floor. He stopped for one second to admire the beauty of her body, then continued his assault of her lips, unable to break his hold for more than a second or two.

He let go of her only for a moment to grab the back of his shirt and yank it over his head with one hand. And before she even realized he had let go of her, his hand was on her again, making its way up her thigh. Lily fumbled with Ford's belt. She was shaking and she realized, that for the first time in what felt like forever, she was nervous. It had been a while since she had been with a man, but even longer since she had been with one that she loved. As the thought entered her mind, she knew it was true. She loved Ford. She had loved him her whole life. As the truth finally washed over her, she let her body relax and let Ford take control.

His pants dropped to the floor and he lifted her back up onto him and carried her over to the couch, as his lips made their way down her neck. He laid her gently onto the cushions, then pulled off his skintight boxer briefs which hugged his ass and groin perfectly. Her eyes opened wide at the sight of him and she inhaled. He was much bigger than she remembered. She wondered if it would be the same, like how she had replayed it in her mind for all those years, all those times she had touched herself thinking of him. She didn't have to wonder for long. He laid down on top of her, spreading her legs with his. Then he entered her slowly as she audibly let out a moan.