Drama Drama Drama

For a lot of reasons, Lily had no desire to go to the party at Benny's house the next night. One of which was that parties usually meant she spent the night trying to sneak glances at Ford, jealous if other girls were talking to him and wishing that she could be there with him as his girlfriend, out in public, for everyone to see. But instead she would sit by Grant, trying to convince him to drink less and eventually helping him get home safely or leaving him at Benny's to sleep it off.

But tonight was different. Tonight Lily needed to talk to Ford and it couldn't wait. She arrived at the party without Grant. They hadn't spoken since his drunken mishap the day before. When he had called, she told her dad to tell him she wasn't home, which Grant could tell was a lie. He'd messed up and he knew it. 

Lily pushed her way through the crowded living room. A tower of empty beer cans was being stacked up on the coffee table and she heard a couple guys yell out in disappointment when it fell. She made her way into the kitchen. The island was filled with half empty liquor bottles and mixers and a sticky film already covered the floor. She peeked her head around the other teens until she spotted Ford posted up in the back near the cabinets. He had been cornered by a girl from Lily's chemistry class who was unsuccessfully trying to flirt with him. She watched for a minute as the girl moved closer and flicked her hair over one shoulder. Ford seemed oblivious and annoyed. He was more interested in his beer, that is, until he looked up and saw Lily staring at him.

She smiled and lifted her hand up slightly as if to wave but then immediately lowered her hand, hoping that no one had seen. Luckily, everyone was already pretty drunk and too involved in their own drama to notice hers.

"Looks like I need a refill," he said to the girl, trying to get out of the conversation.

Ford wandered over to the cooler filled with beer and Lily followed. They tried to give off the appearance that they still didn't care much for one another. They were getting pretty good at finding ways to talk to one another stealthy. Ford stood next to Lily but never looked directly at her. He didn't want to draw attention. He bent down and cracked open a beer.

"I need to talk to you," Lily said as the beer hit his lips. 

Ford was so shocked that she wanted to talk to him in front of everyone that he turned to look directly at her.

"Not here. Somewhere private," she said.

Ford looked around and thought for a minute.

"The laundry room," he nodded in the direction of the basement.

Their heads swiveled, checking to make sure no one watched as they made their way to the basement. It seemed conceited to think anyone cared that much about what they were doing, but they had to be careful. An unsuspecting Benny saw them open the door and head downstairs.

Ford led Lily to the laundry room and looked around again to double check that no one was watching. Lily entered and he followed behind her, shutting the door for privacy. Lily walked over to the laundry machine, biting her nails and pacing back and forth. 

Ford was too excited about being alone with Lily at a party to notice that something was wrong. He made his way up to her, lifted her up like she weighed nothing and set her on top of the washing machine. 

He ran his hands down Lily's thighs and then looked up at her, eyes fierce and filled with passion. He cupped her face in his hand and she leaned into it.

"Why haven't we done this sooner," he said seductively with desire burning in his eyes.

He laid soft kisses on Lily's neck and for a split second she almost forgot why she had needed to talk to him in the first place. He kissed his way up towards her face, but she pulled away before he could reach her lips.