Chapter 3

"Hello?" Purvi answer the unknown number on her cell phone.

"Hi, Snow White. How are you doing?" Purvi recognize the voice and groaned mentally.

"How the hell did you get my number?" Purvi asked him annoyed. Kavin laugh and leaned back on the headboard of his bed.

"I have my ways. By the way, I want to ask you something." Kavin told her and was about to continue but he was cut it off.

"And my answer will be a no. So please leave me alone and don't ever call me again." Purvi says and cut the call. Purvi sigh and leaned back on her desk chair before closing her eyes. She couldn't help but her mind drifted toward how her father asked her about Kavin when they return that day and what Niharika told her 2 days ago.

Flashback.

"Purvi." Aniruddh call knocking on her room door. Purvi open the door to let her father in.

"Apko koi kaam hai?" Purvi asked her father and they take their seat on the bed. Aniruddh look at her and shake his head.

"Nahi, bas aise hi kuch baat karni thi." Purvi smile and nodded at her father to continue.

"You did meet Kavin beforehand, didn't you?" Aniruddh question directly and look at her face. Purvi swallow and look away nervously.

"N-no Dad. As I say before, I met him today." Purvi try to sound confident. Aniruddh smile slightly and shake his head.

"Acha tou ab humari princess jhoot bhi bolne lagi hai. Huh?" Aniruddh says making her lower her head in shame. Purvi sigh and shrugged.

"I just don't want you guys to know about it but when I met him it was a misunderstanding. Trisha asked me to see the man she like is really into her or just passing time with her." Purvi told him eliminating what happened between them in hotel.

"Purvi, your mother was right earlier. You have to slow down helping other and now focus on your future instead. Beside, I like your mother choice." Aniruddh says and shrugged when Purvi raised her eyebrow at him.

"What? After all, I am your mother choice as well." Aniruddh smirk. Purvi shake her head but couldn't keep the smile off her face.

"Right Dad." Purvi says and rolled her eyes. Aniruddh glare at her playfully and flick the side of her head making her hiss in pain.

"Don't roll your eyes at me young lady. Show me some respect, after all I am your very first best friend." Anriuddh says and smile when Purvi laugh.

"Yeah, my very first and oldest best friend. I love you, Dad." Purvi leaned forward and rest her head on his shoulder. Aniruddh put his hand on her head and stroke her hair.

"I love you too, Princess." Purvi close her as he wrapped his other arm around her making her feel safe in her father arms.

*

"Hello, Purvi." Purvi heard as soon as the person pick up her call.

"Hi, Niharika. How you doing?" Purvi asked and leaned back on the headboard of her bed.

"Nothing special. What about you?" Niharika asked her back. Purvi shrugged and play with the bedsheet.