Azkaban and A Reunion

Start from the beginning

"Sirius?" whispered a voice and the dog star met the grey eyes of his cousin. "So I wasn't seeing things. The mark is alive. Our Lord has returned." rasped Bellatrix, her eyes alight with that familiar manic fire he knew all too well. Sirius gave a nod and Bellatrix cackled.

"I was supposed to be the first one out. You always were a show off." she mumbled and he gave a snort, then trotted off quietly down the rows of cells. He felt the chilling presence of dementors but ignored it, brushing right past them. They didn't stop him.

However, when the dog star got down to the third floor, he could hear the alarm system go off. Someone was breaking into Azkaban at the same time he was breaking out.

"Death Eaters! Get reinforcements down here!" came the growling voice of Madeye Moody and Sirius would have cried with relief if he wasn't a dog. He followed the panicking aurors to the main floor of Azkaban, none of them seeming to particularly care about the large dog trotting past.

Out on the battlefield, the Dark Lord laughed at the soothing sounds of screams and spells being tossed back and forth. He almost felt bad for the aurors, over the years they had neglected their skills and now they were unprepared for what was to come.

"Empty Azkaban completely." he said toward Tadeus and the man gave a dip of his head before rushing forward, hitting aurors left and right, Avery, Remus, Parkinson and Rosier close behind.

To Tom's left was Lucius, Avery (his son), Zabini, Greengrass and Severus, the group taking care of the aurors on the front lines. The outer circle was fairing well so far, none injured, all focused on the task at hand.

The Dark Lord stood in the center of it all, observing, assessing what could be better and what had almost no flaws. The Death Eaters were working together much better than they had in a long time and that was reassuring.

Once in a while, Tom would block a spell or shoot one back, sending bodies and blood flying in his wake. It seemed that the aurors were aiming for him specifically. If they could hit him, the Death Eaters would retreat. Unfortunately they hadn't expected the Dark Lord to be back in his prime.

His magic could be felt all around and it caused a few of the aurors to drop in defeat. Knowing they weren't winning this battle.

"Tonks!" shouted a voice, causing Remus to pause momentarily. His now amber eyes landed on the young witch and he almost growled. She had betrayed Sirius. Betrayed them all for the light.

"Remus. Not now. We have to get our comrades out first." hissed Rosier and the wolf nodded once as they blasted the front doors of Azkaban right off, sending the aurors that had been behind it flying into the rubble, groaning in pain.

The wolf started for the first floor, shooting an avada kedavra at the nearest aurors, sending them dropping like rocks only to pause at a familiar scent. He turned the corner, just as something came flying into him from the side.

He raised his wand, snarling beneath his mask, only to stop when he heard a low whine.

He blinked, his eyes widening when he took sight of the big black dog holding him down, his brown eyes alight with happiness.

"Pads! What the hell are you doing? Don't you see the battle going on?" he whisper hissed, pushing the dog star off, though inwardly he was extremely relieved and his heart was racing.

Of course I do! I'd help but I'm too weak right now.

Came Sirius' voice in his head and he almost smiled. Their connection had been blocked before.

Then get back to our Lord. He won't be hard to miss.

The wolf replied and Sirius nudged him gently, making him smile.