12 Grimmauld Place

Start from the beginning

"What is it that you need of me, Master Lupin?"

"As you can see, I've cleaned up quite a bit of the house on my own but there is still more that should be attended to. Please make sure every inch of the house is clean and orderly. Just as it was when Sirius and I were children. Later we'll refurbish the wards and barriers."

Kreacher nodded once.

"As you wish. Dinner will be ready soon." he stated, then disappeared with a bow. Remus smiled slightly, then turned the corner, heading for his next and final destination.

When he got to a wall that was covered with a sheet, he stopped and pulled the sheet off, sending it flying to the floor. Underneath the sheet was a portrait of one of the three most famous Black Sisters to ever live. Walburga Black.

Walburga Black was a tall, regal looking woman with dark, grey streaked curls and piercing grey eyes. She was beautiful with her sharp features but Remus knew when she was angered she was a force to be reckoned with. Which is why her portrait was usually covered. This was Sirius' mother and Hadrian's grandmother.

"Afternoon Walburga. I have some news for you." said Remus and the woman sniffed, her eyes narrowed in suspicion.

She knew exactly who Remus was, she didn't like him all that much. Not because of his werewolf blood, no, the Blacks had quite a few vampire and dark elf genes in their line, but because at one point it was Remus who had persuaded Sirius to be light for some time.

He of course realized his mistake but she still thought illy of him now and again. Him and that fool, James Potter. But that was a story for another time.

"What is it, wolf?" she muttered and Remus hummed. "Hadrian, Sirius' son will be staying here soon." he said, smiling slightly when Walburga's eyes widened. "Hadrian? I had heard Sirius had a son to the Lady of Grindelwald, but with him being so annoyingly stubborn, he never came to tell me himself. Kreacher had to tell me. Hadrian..that's a fine name for a pureblood heir...and his middle name?"

"Sirius, of course."

"Hadrian Sirius Black...what does he look like?" she asked eagerly and Remus retrieved a photo from his trouser pocket, moving closer to the portrait and holding it up so Walburga could see.

"He is the boy in the middle. I've heard from Lucius that not only is he a parselmouth, but a metamorphagus as well. He has a familiar named Anubis and he is best friends with Lucius' son Draco. The other boy is Neville Lestrange, Bellatrix's son. Those two are the Weasley twins, but they're Slytherin. Their younger brother Ron is also in Slytherin." explained the wolf and Walburga stared at the smirking raven.

In the picture the boys were behind Malfoy Manor, brooms in hand. It was obvious they had been playing a game of Quidditch.

"How's his magic? What's his best subject? What's he like?" she asked quickly. She had never been this excited since having her first few children. And now she had a grandson to show off, to boast and to possibly teach everything she knew.

"Dark. Definitely black. And it's powerful too. So far he excels in most subjects. Severus mentioned that his favorites are Defense, Potions and Transfiguration. I haven't met him or talked to him just yet but Lucius and Severus say he's very intelligent and confident. He has a naturally commanding air but he is very caring to those who are close to him. However, he's gained that Black family temper. He keeps everyone in check. The other Slytherins not only fear him, but look up to him as well. Dumbledore has yet to speak to him. He's also a bit of sadist." Remus chuckled at that last bit, only imagining how Lucius found this out.

"This is..much better than what I could have hoped for...what of the Dark Lord?"

"Interesting thing, that. Apparently my Lord is at the school as we speak. He is possessing someone by the name of Quirinus Quirrel, the new Defense teacher."

Walburga's eyes widened and she let out a hysterical laugh that could have rivaled Bellatrix's any day.

"Are you saying that the Dark Lord is teaching at Hogwarts? That Dumbledore has no idea that his precious Gryffindors are being taught by his mortal enemy?! That old fool!" she laughed, holding her stomach with how hard she was laughing.

She knew Dumbledore was old, but she didn't think he had gotten so weak and arrogant. That was the only explanation as to why he hadn't noticed the Dark Lord. Any wizard with a decent sense could probably figure out that Quirrel wasn't alone in his body. Even if they had no idea that he was being possessed by the Dark Lord.

Though with how powerful Voldemort was, he probably figured out a way to prevent someone from sensing him for a short while.

"Dumbledore has the Sorcerer's Stone and the Dark Lord is working on retrieving it so he may get his body back. But Walburga, I believe there is something else you should know." Remus trailed off and almost chuckled at the curious glint in the woman's eyes.

"And that is?"

"Hadrian is the Dark Lord's future Consort." he said and Walburga stared at him for a full two minutes.

"This is magnificent! The Black line will live on as well as the Slytherin line?! We'll be the most powerful wizarding family in England!" she cackled and this time Remus couldn't hold back a laugh of his own. Infectious laughter, she had.