A few of the Gryffindors began shrieking, having been hit with hexes that were extremely painful, and Tom felt his agitation reaching an all time high.

"Parkinson-" he started, ducking when something went flying across the room.

"Totalus petrificus!"

The entire room seemed frozen in time, students floating all around, their eyes wide and Hadrian found himself snorting with laughter.

Tom sighed, his lips twitching with a smirk and glared over at the immobile Gryffindors.

"Thirty points from Gryffindor for terrible aim and control. And ten points from Slytherin because Parkinson thought it would be intelligent to start a duel in front of a teacher. When I release you all, I expect this room to be as orderly as it was when you first entered." he stated firmly and released the spell.

The Gryffindors dropped like rocks and most of the Slytherins managed to land carefully on their feet.

Everyone began cleaning, shooting each other glares but careful not to do anything other than that lest they spark Tom's fury. Hadrian attempted to help but Draco and the others immediately kept him back. "It's fine Hades. We've got this." said Ron and Neville nodded in agreement.

"Fine." he sighed and took a seat in a random chair, his legs crossed and his chin resting in his hand. Tom thought he looked very much like the little King he was meant to be.

"Hadrian, are you alright?" he asked quietly, looking the raven over for any sign of damage and Hadrian felt his face warm, his earlier agitation subsiding for the moment. Tom's crimson eyes were soft, a sight Hadrian was sure no one could boast of seeing.

"Fine. Mostly agitated. But fine. Those blood traitors have terrible aim." he muttered and Tom chuckled quietly. He reached forward, as if he might run a hand through Hadrian's soft curls, only to stop and sigh. "Good. I know you aren't in the best of moods right now but I have a surprise for you later tonight." he said.

At this Hadrian's expression turned to one of curiosity and Tom almost smiled.

"What is it?"

"You'll see, serpent." he replied and Hadrian sighed but nodded, standing up when the class was almost halfway through with their cleaning.

"Teacher's pet." muttered Longbottom, only to flinch at the scowl he received from Neville in return. Once everyone was seated, Tom looked them over, then sighed. "Class dismissed and happy Samhain." he said and smiled at the chorus of, "Happy Samhain." from the Slytherins.

The Gryffindors looked confused and annoyed and Hadrian rolled his eyes as he followed his friends out of the classroom.

The rest of their classes ended fairly well, though the tension between the Slytherins and the Gryffindors could have cut air. "I won't bother with class, since most of you seem to be far too excited about this evening's festivities. You may leave," said Severus at the beginning of Potions, and the Gryffindors rushed out the door so fast Hadrian almost thought they were on brooms.

"But, you should know that there will be a quiz on Monday." finished the brooding male, a smirk on his usually expressionless face and Hadrian chuckled along with the Slytherins that had stayed behind.