Last Stand of Moria.

Start from the beginning

"Fool of a Took!" Gandalf exclaimed as he slammed the book shut, put it down and snatched away his hat and staff, "Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!"

It was then we heard it.

The beating of a drum.

'Drums, drums in the deep.'

Then came shouting, snarling, screeching. This wasn't going to end well, we were trapped.

"Frodo!" Sam pointed to the other Hobbit's sword.

Frodo pulled his sword (apparently his uncle had named it Sting) out slightly and it glowed a light blue. It was obviously an old elvish blade, those weapons always glow blue when orcs or goblins are lurking nearby.

"Orcs!" Legolas warned.

Boromir quickly sprinted to the splintered door as the rest of us prepared. I heard the flying of arrows but I was too busy ushering the Hobbits to stay away.

"Get back!" Aragorn warned.

"Stay close to Gandalf!" I added, taking my bow and nocking an arrow.

While Aragorn and Boromir secured the door, a snarl escaping my lips as I left my want for revenge simmer to the surface again.

"They have a cave troll," Boromir huffed in amusement.

Both me and Legolas handed the two men some axes and wood in order to secure the doors. It likely wouldn't hold long but it was better than nothing.

Merry and Pippin drew their daggers while Frodo drew Sting and Sam took up arms with a frying pan.

Gandalf drew his sword and beat his staff while Boromir drew his broadsword.

Me, Aragorn and Legolas drew our bows.

"Let them come!" Gimli growled, standing up on the white stone grave, "There is one Dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath!"

"We are Moria's last stand! I will go down with an empty quiver, a shattered blade and crumbled axe!" I snarled, waiting to take my first shot at the foul creatures.

The Orcs hacked and chopped at the flimsy door, all I needed was a decent sized puncture and I could start shedding Orc blood.

The second the was a hole big enough for me to fire through, I released my arrow. Through the grunts and shouts of the orcs I could hear a whimper and cry of pain, evidently I had hit my target.

With three of us firing through the door at the oncoming hoard, I had hoped our barrier would last a little longer. However, it wasn't long before the door came crashing down and the Orcs flooded in.

While Aragorn and Legolas kept firing, I slung my bow over my shoulders and held one of my short swords in one hand and my axe in the other. This probably wasn't the best thing to do with my sore arm still not fully healed but I would be damned if I didn't put up a fight.

As they came at me, I swung my axe at them, crippling their armour before plunging my blade into their flesh. I could hear the rest of the fellowship fighting their own wave of orcs but I was far too focused on my own toils.

It felt so good to be able to avenge my home. Everytime I jabbed my sword through the heart of an orc or ripping it's throat with my axe, I knew justice was being served for the massacre of Moria.

I was using the blunt edge of my axe to bash the brains out of an orc when I heard the roar of the cave troll Boromir had mentioned earlier. It came crashing into the chamber, chains around its neck and towering over us.