She Needs You, We All Do

Start from the beginning

"We need to get them into an exploratory surgery to make sure nothing was missed on the CT scan." she explained to me. "Okay well what do you need me to do?" I asked with tears dropping out of eyes.

She handed me a 2 sets of paperwork. One for my mom, and one for my dad.  "All I need you to do is sign the convent forms and if you would like to DNR's." I looked up at her. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Why would I sign DNR's for my parents?" I got a little upset. "I'm not saying you have to but it's an option. I know it's hard. I lost my mother a few years ago. My mother died of the hiccups. I also lost my brother in law in a car accident. He had this job before me." She said obviously getting emotional. "But losing both your parents is hard. Especially having to be the one to take take of your brothers. It's up to you." She told me. She knew it was hard for me.

"If they're gone. Lucas and Enzo go into the foster care system. I don't get to take care of them. I'm not 21 yet. I'm only 20."  I told her. "Oh I'm sorry hon. I'm gonna give you these papers and I'm gonna set up a private waiting room for you and your brothers. For right now I'll let you go out there with them." She closed the folders and got up to open the door for me. "Thank you Doctor Grey." I said to her. "No problem."

I stepped out to see the boys cuddled up to Bryce. We had broken up 6 months ago. Why was he here?

He placed Lucas down next to Enzo like how they were before he got here and hugged me. "I know we're not together anymore but I know how much you hate hospitals. Enzo texted me and told me what happened." He said as he kissed my forehead. I hugged him back being careful not to drop the papers.

"Addison?" Dr Sloan came around the corner. "Yes?" I asked wiping my eyes. "Dr. Grey asked me to bring you to the private waiting room she set up for you. She asked for them to set up a couple cot's in there so the boys can still sleep. There's also a couch if either of you would like to sleep as well." He explained to me. "Thank you, Dr. Sloan." I answered.

I picked up Lucas while Bryce got Enzo and we followed Dr. Sloan to the room they had set up. We placed the boys on the cots and sat down on the couch to watch over them.

"Addi why don't you lay down I'll wake you up if something happens." He turned a little bit so I could lay on him comfortably and I gladly took the opportunity to sleep cause I knew that once Bryce leaves and the boys wake up, there will be no sleep for me.

I laid my head on his stomach and wrapped my arms around his back to be comfy. He put one arm around me and held up his phone in his other hand to keep him awake. I know what you're thinking. Aren't you guys broken up? Yes. We are. But it was mutual and we promised that we'd always be there for each other. So why not get comfortable in the process.

He put down his phone and cradled my head in his arm playing with my hair. Ugh. Why is he doing this to me?! He knows I love it. I can't fall back into this. We don't have time for a relationship!

I shuffled around for a second and groaned that I couldn't find which way I wanted to lay my head. "Shh, relax, Baby." He whispered lightly scratching my scalp. He knew I couldn't get comfy cause I was stressed out. He kissed my head and layed back down.

I woke up to Bryce talking to Dr. Grey about my parents. "Her father has a massive brain bleed. We've done all that we can to stop it but nothing has worked. He's awake but he's not responsive. He will only stay awake for so long before he's put on a ventilator. Her mother had a cardiac tamponade. Excessive bleeding in her pericardium. We cleared that but she couldn't breathe on her own so she is on a vent right now. They are in rooms 247 and 248 on the 2 floor east wing." Bryce thanked her and came back to the couch where I was pretending to still be asleep.

He got back underneath me and went back to slowly rubbing my back. I snuggled my head back into his neck. I left a small kiss out of habit and then realized what I had done.

"You awake, Adds?" He whispered. I slightly nodded my head and cuddled closer to him. "Did you hear anything?" He asked me. "I heard everything..." I whispered back to him with my eyes tearing up. 

I was was woken to up see Lucas and Bryce sitting next to wear I was laying with my head in Bryce's lap watching a show on Bryce's phone.

"Good Morning, Beautiful." Bryce said once he saw I was awake. "Hi" I turned over to lay on my stomach and wrapped my arms around his torso with my head still in his lap.

He laughed and ran his hand up and down my back until Dr. Sloan came in the room saying we can see them.

Bryce said that he would stay with the boys and I should go just incase it's too much for the boys to handle. In the spur of the moment I kissed him and thanked him for taking care of us.

"Hi I'm Dr. Miranda Bailey, Chief of Surgery, and these are Dr. Meredith Grey, Head of General, and Cristina Yang, Head of Cardio, they are the doctors on your mothers case and I am working on your father's with Dr. Amelia Shepherd. You already met Dr. Lexie Grey who is on both cases. You must be Addison? I believe is was Little Grey told me." She finished. I nodded and shook all of their hands.

"Shepherd? As in Shepherd Memorial, Shepherd?" I asked. She shook her head. "That's for mine and Lexie's  brother Derek Shepherd and Meredith's husband." She explained.

"Okay, Yang present the case." The doctors explained to me what was happening and then said I can keep the waiting room for however long their in here and the boys were now allowed in the room but I was unsure if I wanted them in there.

They were in really bad condition. I know for a fact Lucas can't handle it but Enzo is really strong. He can probably handle this better than I am.

I went back into the room with the boys and sat down next to Bryce who had Lucas on his lap. "Hey, you okay?" He asked me.

"I don't know. They're not in good shape. I just want them to be okay." I whispered to him. "I know, everything will be just fine."

"You should go home, don't worry about us." I told him. "Enzo walk Bryce to the doors." He got up and Bryce was reluctant but I basically forced him about the door.

"If you need me for absolutely anything. Even the smallest thing. Please call me." He whispered to me. "Thank you for everything." I went to kiss his cheek but he moved my head to press a passionate kiss on my lips.

"I love you. If you need me I will be here in. a heartbeat." He kissed me one more time and left with Enzo following at his side.

Bryce's POV
I got to the doors with Enzo and turned to him to say goodbye. "She's not gonna be able to do this alone. She's can act tough all she wants but you and I both know that she is mentally drained. Our parents aren't doing well, she said so herself. She needs you here, we all do. Addison has  gone through so much and this, this is something she can't handle. If we lose our parents she won't be able to keep it together so please, just be there for her." He said and walked away.

This kid never ceases to impress me with his wiseness.