thirty-nine || meeting eri

Kaiyo's PoV

The day after our return, I was asked to head back to the hospital to help Aizawa keep Eri's quirk at bay. Since we are the only ones who can actually stop her from using her quirk unknowingly, the doctors personally requested that we stay with them for the weekend until Eri's well enough on her own.

It was a slight bummer since I was supposedly going with Shoto and Bakugo to watch their provisional license training, but some things really can't be helped. I have been wanting to see her since the attack. I wanted to make sure that she's alright. The last time I saw her was when Midoriya caught her from Chisaki.

I was told that she was being quarantined because of her quirk possibly setting up again. I also heard that Eri's quirk was overwhelming Midoriya during the last minutes of the fight and he struggled to keep fighting. It was a good thing that he held out until Aizawa arrived to erase Eri's quirk.

Her teacher's quirk really did come in handy.

"You were up early."

Sato enters the kitchen with a yawn, his weak fist rubbing at his sleepy eye. I looked up from the tray I just finished and greeted him good morning. "I wanted to do something to say that I appreciate everyone's worry for us, but I'm actually lacking time today." I chuckled. "Is it okay if you hand out the mochi to everyone later on? I made at least two full trays for everyone. I hope that was enough."

"You made mochi?!" Sato's eyes widened at the sight of the pinkish blobs on the tray. They were strawberry-flavored, my personal favorite. "That's a lot! I'll be sure to tell them!"

"Thanks!" I took one from the tray and ate it, savoring my own creation as I walked around the counter to pick up my shoulder bag. Since I am going to the hospital, there was no need for me to wear my uniform. It's also the weekend.

I fixed the baggy sleeves of my cream knitted sweater and tucked the front part on my black high-waist jeans. Shouldering my bag, I sent a smile his way and turned to leave.

"You're leaving already?"

Sato and I looked at the third voice, finding Shoto already on his uniform. He caught sight of the mochi on the counter and chuckled. "Yeah, Aizawa-sensei's waiting for me outside."

He walked over to the counter and took a closer look at the treats I made. He of all people knew that I love strawberry-flavored food, but nothing beats strawberry mochi. I swear, anyone who doesn't like it are really missing out in life.

"Be careful." He took a piece of mochi, smiling softly at me as he took a bite. I grinned back and waved at him and Sato before leaving to meet Aizawa outside.

***

We arrived at the hospital faster than I anticipated.

I followed Aizawa to the hospital room Eri was occupying. My hand held the strap of my bag quite nervously, a little anxious of what I might see once I walk in that room. I didn't want to see her in such a state, so I could only hope that she'll be at least feeling a little fine since the attack.

"She doesn't' know about Nighteye just yet." Aizawa said. "It seems too cruel if we say it now, but she'll know eventually."

I nodded, agreeing with their move to keep it from Eri for awhile. I won't be talking about Nighteye with her to avoid the topic. "We also asked her if there is anyone that she trusts to live with when this is all cleared up."

"Oh, did she mention anyone?" I asked. "It would be nice if she has a relative who actually cares for her."

"Unfortunately, there was no one. She mentioned you when we asked, though." Aizawa said. "She said you took her in when she first escaped and that she likes your warmth. If it's okay with you, once you're a legal..."