INT. DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS CLASSROOM - AFTERNOON

Sirius sits alone at a table as Gryffindor and Slytherin students file in. He looks a little sad. PROFESSOR O'DEMUS stands at the front classroom and watches all the students walk in. He wears robes and black platform boots. He's one hot motherfucker. He then notices Sirius sitting alone. He walks over to Sirius.

O'DEMUS
Something wrong, lad?

SIRIUS
Oh no, just a little tired.

O'DEMUS
Well I hope you can stay awake for the rest of the day. And then later you'll get some well needed sleep.

SIRIUS
(awkwardly)
Yeah.

James, Remus, and Peter enter the classroom. Lily, Marlene, and SEVERUS enter shortly after. The boys walk over to Sirius and James and Peter take a seat at the table next to Sirius'. Remus is standing at the table Sirius sits and is placing his stuff down.

SIRIUS (CONT'D)
What's going on, Moons?

REMUS
Nothing much. Peter almost got attacked by a hippogriff last period but besides that, today's been somewhat boring.

SIRIUS
Oh, that's nice. You still feeling alright?

Remus finally looks up from his stuff.

REMUS
Sorta, I'm still tired but I'm-
(noticing Sirius' face)
You look pale, Sirius.

SIRIUS
I'm always pale, Moons.

REMUS
No, you're paler than normal. Are you feeling alright?

SIRIUS
Well, uh-

Marlene walks over to Sirius.

MARLENE
Hey, Sirius, mind if I sit next to you?

Remus looks stunned.

SIRIUS
(caught off guard)
Oh, uh, not at all, but I think Remus was gonna sit here.

REMUS
No, it's fine. I'll just sit somewhere else.

MARLENE
Oh, I wouldn't want to intrude or anything...

REMUS
It's completely okay, I'll sit with Lily.

Remus gathers his stuff quickly and trudges over to Lily and exhaustedly places his stuff down on the table and takes a seat.

LILY
You alright, Remmy?

REMUS
Barely.

Severus walks over to the table and then notices Remus sitting next to Lily.

SEVERUS
Lily, I thought we were supposed to sit next to each other today.

LILY
I'm sorry Sev, Remus was just in need of a seat. I'm sure you can find another spot.

Severus walks off to another table, annoyed.

LILY (CONT'D)
He can get so moody! I spend all day with him, and talk to him, and even eat breakfast with him, at his table and he gets mad when I sit with you!

REMUS
He sounds a little ungrateful.

LILY
I guess.

O'Demus steps up and clears his throat. All the students go silent.

O'DEMUS
Good afternoon, everyone. Are we all doing well?

The class responds almost zombie-like.

O'DEMUS (CONT'D)
(sarcastically)
What an enthusiastic response! Well, with all that energy, hopefully everyone can take out their wands and textbooks and open to page two hundred and thirty-three.

All the students take out their wands and textbooks. Sirius only takes out his textbook.

O'DEMUS (CONT'D)
Mr. Black, where's your wand?

SIRIUS
It's holding in my bun, Professor.

O'DEMUS
Well could you take it out?

SIRIUS
I don't think you would want that. My hair is quite the tragedy today.

O'DEMUS
I'm sure we can all tolerate it.

SIRIUS
(over-dramatic)
Are you serious? I'll look so bad!

JAMES
(teasing)
Did I hear that correct? Sirius Black said he'll look bad!?

SIRIUS
(a little mad)
I never look bad, darling. And I can prove it!

Sirius dramatically pulls his wand out of his bun. His long black hair falls gracefully, framing his face. He shakes his hair a bit and then shoots James a smirk. Remus stares at him with his mouth slightly opened. Marlene is also staring at him.

SIRIUS (CONT'D)
See? I've proved you wrong James.

James laughs.

O'DEMUS
(sarcastically)
Absolutely stunning. Now please turn to the page, Sirius.

SIRIUSOf course, Professor.

Remus is still staring. Lily nudges him in the side with her elbow.