thirty-eight || family

Start from the beginning

I quickly scooted over and took a piece, moaning in delight of the delicious treat. I couldn't help but feel tired after today. We still need to get a peaceful sleep after what happened.

The problem is how exactly we're going to do just that with Nighteye's death implanted in our heads.

"Kaiyo! Man, you really are a tough cookie!" Kaminari and Sero came up to her with Kirishima trapped under their arms. "Heard you took a beating!"

"Tsk, like I'll ever let him kill me." I laughed. "I'm alright, you two. No need to worry."

Sero and Kaminari are practically open books to me now. Months of growing closer to the entire Class A made me aware of their habits and behavior in any situation. It honestly came in handy. Because of it, reading their emotions became easier. In the battlefield, it's easier to read their movements too.

"I'm going to turn in early." I said. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay! You all deserve to get some rest after all that!" Iida exclaims.

Nodding gratefully for understanding, I moved to the elevator where Bakugo just entered.

"Midoriya, Asui, Uraraka, Kirishima, I'm sorry, but I need to go too." Shoto appears from behind the back door, holding his phone.

I innocently peeked over the elevator and grinned at his nearing figure. He comes inside the elevator and stood between me and Bakugo. The hedgehog scoffed when Shoto suddenly pressed a tender kiss on my forehead.

"I'm home," I grin.

It wasn't long until we reached our floor and came out of the elevator. As I was about to enter my room, Shoto takes my wrist with his free hand and dragged me towards his room.

He locks the door behind him when we're inside, not giving me a second to process what was happening as he wrapped his arms tightly around my figure. "S-Shoto?" My hands slowly came up behind his back and head, letting him bury his face on the crook of my neck.

"Aizawa-sensei told me." He whispered weakly. "I was the first he told of."

My expression dropped, finally getting why he was suddenly like this. "He did, huh?"

"Kaiyo, that was incredibly dangerous and reckless. I expected you to be the same on this mission, but not that far!" He pulled away and held me tightly by my shoulders, his heterochromatic eyes locking with my own.

It was only then I noticed the drops of liquid threatening to fall from his eyes. Shoto rarely cries. I don't think he ever willingly does so.

I could only stay silent and listen to him as he released all his bottled feelings of worry and panic. It was the least I could do after worrying him so much. My teeth nibbled on my bottom lip as he backed me up against the door while still ranting out to me. It wasn't long until I felt my back hit against the smooth surface of the door and I was trapped between it and him.

"You're always like this..." He croaked. "Gosh, you've always been like this and you always will be 'cause you're that caring. No one can stop you from risking your own life for those you care for, but please...."

His head falls on my shoulder. The tears falling from his eyes prickled down my slippers as his grip loosened around me. I took his silence as my time to give back to him, apologizing softly as I cupped his cheeks softly and lifted his face to meet mine. "I'm here now, Shoto." I leaned on his forehead, eyes closing as I genuinely smiled at him. "I'm here,"

I swiftly leaned forward and locked my lips with his own, pouring all my apologies and love in that one kiss that we both needed to feel at ease. His tears wet my own cheeks as he kissed me back, his hands pulling me against his chest in an attempt to be closer. My arms wrapped around his neck tightly with my feet tiptoeing to reach his height.

Feeling his tongue swipe made me part my lips willingly and let his wet muscle meet with mine. Battling for dominance, he brought my legs up to his waist and supported my weight as he pressed me against him and the door.

He brings me to his Japanese futon on the ground and hovered over my figure, but it wasn't long until I switched positions with him and I was the one on top. I moved to kiss his cheeks, down to his jawline until I reached his neck. Peppering him with kisses that reassured him of my presence still here, with him.

I couldn't blame him for being very worried. That mission was very dangerous, and I was lucky that I was alive. Any ordinary person would have died after entering that battlefield in just a second, which brings me to understand why I need to make him feel that I'm still here.

That was a traumatizing moment for the both of us. I can't just think about myself when he himself was worrying his ass without being able to do anything because of his current situation.

As I kissed up his lips again, I leaned over to his scar and gently kissed under his eye. "I'm here," I whispered. "I'm still with you."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me down to his chest, burying his face on my shoulder once again. "Please, stay here." He mumbled. "Sleep with me. Just for tonight."

I smiled softly, nodding back.

Shoto may not be one to publicly show his true feelings, but this side of him never left my mind. Even he needs to be assured that everything will be alright. His cold demeanor wasn't about to faze me now.

"Kaiyo,"

"Hmm?"

"You did it." He whispered softly. "You saved her."

A smile tugged my lips. "Yeah,"

I rested my head on his shoulder, snuggling close to his warmth as we both soon fell under the sleeping spell.