Chapter 12- The third task

THIRD POV

Music is playing and a large crowd is gathered. The champions emerge. "Where's Clara? She's going to miss it?" Hermione says. 

"Earlier today Professor Lupin placed the tri-wizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory..." Dumbledore begins. The crowd cheers hearing his name. "And Mr Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum..." 

The crowd goes wild. "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she will need only send up red sparks with their wand. Contestants gather round." 

"In the maze, you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the cup if you can, but be very wary, you could lose yourselves along the way," Dumbledore warned the contestants. 

"Champions, prepare yourself!" Lupin told them. Cedric hugs his father.

"On the count of three..ONE," Dumbledore started. The cannon goes off. Mr Filch shrugs. Dumbledore groans. Harry and Cedric enter the maze through different entrances. The entrance closes behind Harry. Heavy mist sets in like a horror movie. The maze is high. Harry starts making his way through the maze. Cedric is walking along the maze walls being to close behind him. He makes a run for it. 

Fleur is knocked down after running around frantically. Viktor comes along and sees she's unconscious on the ground, he walks on. Harry comes past Fleur. 

"Fleur? Fleur!" Harry yelled. He was too late. She disappeared. He sends a red spark into the air. The maze walls close in. Harry sees the cup, he moves towards it but Viktor zaps at him. He misses. 

"Get down!" Cedric yells at Harry. Harry ducks and Cedric zaps Viktor. He was going to finish him off. 

"He's bewitched!" Harry says intervening. 

They struggle. 

"Get off me!" Cedric says. 

"Stop! He's bewitched!" Harry repeats. 

The two of them start running towards the cup. The undergrowth grabs Cedric and he falls to the ground. 

---------------------------------------------------

"Go, take it! you saved me!" Cedric told him. 

"Together, on three, two, one" Harry yelled. They ran and grabbed it. They get ported to a graveyard. 

"You okay?" Cedric asks. 

"Yeah, you?" Cedric nods. 

"Where are we?" Cedric asks.

"I've been here before, the cup was a portkey! We have to get back to the cup, NOW!" Harry exclaims. 

"What are you talking about?" Cedric asks. Harry scar burns up. "Get to the cup!" Harry says holding his head in pain. 

Wormtail and Voldemort are nearby. They hold Clara. And she does not look good. 

"Who are you? What do you want? Let her go!" Cedric demands. 

"Kill the spare!" Volemort orders. Wormtail kills Cedric. Clara screams. Cedric lays on the floor lifeless. "Do it now!" Voldemort yelled. 

Wormtail drops something into a cauldron, Harry watches on. "Bones of the father, unwillingly given," Voldemort states. The bones hover in the air under Wormtails control. He drops the into the cauldron. Clara slowly makes her way to Harry. 

"Flesh of the servent. Willingly sacrificed." 

He takes out the knife and slashes his arm over the cauldron. "Blood of the enemy forcibly taken," He takes the knife and slashes both Harry and Clara's arms. Clara screams out in pain. Harry gritts his teeth. 

"The dark lord shall rise again!" Wormtail finished. 

-----------------------------------------

The sky changes, others have been summoned. "Welcome my friends. Thirty years it's been, and yet you stand before me as though it were only yesterday. I confess myself disappointed. Not one of you tried to find me," Voldemort said. 

"Not even you, Lucius," 

"My lord. Had I detected any sign or even a whisper of your whereabouts," He tried to reason. 

----------------------------------------

Harry and Clara both take a step towards Voldemort. 

"Have it your way," They told him. They both cast and their streams of magic at voldemort. Voldemorts magic meets theirs. Both sides struggle. 

"Do nothing, they are mine to finish. Mine!" Voldemort told his followers. Shapes form in the surrounding magical energy. They hear a voice. "Harry when the connection is broken you must get to the portkey. We can delay it for a moment to give you time but only for a moment, do you understand?" Harry's dad asked. Harry nodded. "Clara, take my body back will you? Take my body back to my father," Cedric said. 

"Let go, it's time to let go," Clara's mum said. She couldn't believe her eyes. The connection breaks, Harry and Clara run over to Cedric's body and summons the cup over to them. In a blink of an eye, they port out. 

"No!" Voldemort yells.