Goodbye Despair x reader : Get to the bottom of this

Note: This is my longest story so far. I enjoyed trying to work out a trial and focus on the murder. There is always room for improvement but I'm decently happy with this for the time being.

TRIGGER WARNING: ❗️SWEARING/MURDER SCENE❗️

" Digging digging digging DIGGING DIGGING DIGGING for answers you just won't find!"

I stared at Komaeda rather disturbed. He went from thought out sentences ( albeit insane ) to pure nonsense. I don't think anybody expected him to truly lose it to this degree, we thought he had already reached his worst.

" (Y/N) knew just how to...fuck shit up didn't they...?" His hands were tangled in his sweaty and messy rag of hair. His eyes felt like they burned straight through me. Nothing was adding up.

" Nagito, you need to tell us what you were planning-" My speech being cut off by a very pissed Fuyuhiko.

" Hajime just shut the fuck up. He's not gonna listen to you. Damn it if I could just smash your head in-"

Chiaki sent Fuyuhiko a dirty and serious glare. " I agree it's frustrating but this isn't how to go about it." Her calming voice unfortunately didn't help besides start a bickering argument between herself and Fuyuhiko.

I look towards Nagito who stood, or I guess I'd say more so slouched at his podium. Tears fell from his large bulging eyes. His face was so red and he was sweating profusely. He looked like he was having a panic attack, a severe one at that.

I tried to break down the events in order, attempting to figure out how we got to such a confusing spot.

~   —    ~         

The building burned brightly, our only hope were the canisters being thrown from our hands into the flames. The amount of relief that fell upon us was about to be obliterated once the flames extinguished.

(Y/N)'s body stood twitching. We couldn't even check for a pulse before Monokuma made his body discovery announcement. (Y/N) had deep stab wounds covering their arms, torso, and legs. They were obviously not self inflicted, but it was unlikely that was what killed them. Instead there was a large spear that had entered right below their shoulder and came back out through their lower back. The angle kept their body up and made it look like they were just standing there.

Their face held no readable expression, it looked so empty, void of anything. In their hand was a rope, it had been tied up in a tight knot, it looked only big enough for a wrist to fit through. The other hand hung limp and empty.

We had to swallow any sick feelings and start the investigation.

There was a knife lying a few feet away from the body, blood on the blade and handle. There were other ropes scattered around, some tied and some hanging loose. The only other noticeable thing was the smashed window to the right. There were no shattered pieces inside the building near the window, so it couldn't have been smashed in through the outside.

A hand rested on my shoulder. I turn to see Nagito staring at the body. " Ahh, what a shame..." I awkwardly shove his hand off. His eyes seemed empty and his smile was so plastic. It made me uncomfortable to say the least.

" Nagito! Where were you!?" Anger made its presence known in my voice. This directed the attention of the others. Stress, fear, and anger filled their faces as they came up to the said man.

" Where were you! You sent us on a wild goose chase only to find this!" Sonia exclaimed, hand motioning to the dead body behind us.

Nagito slowly looked up to her, unnaturally slow, his eyes unmoving as he began to speak.