Home Sweet Tomb.

Börja om från början

I stood in front of the door and said clearly and loudly, "Mellon"

I smiled broadly as the stone doors slowly opened. I was finally home, I couldn't wait to see the insides of the Mines again after so many centuries.

It was awfully dark but that was to be expected. It was a mine after all, there's not exactly a lot of places to put windows.

As we all entered, Gandalf took a crystal from his many pockets and slotted it into his staff.

"Soon, Master Elf, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the Dwarves," I gushed, me and Gimli sharing the excitement as we entered the caves.

"Roaring fires, malt beer," Gimli was like me, barely containing his anticipation.

"Ripe meat off the bone!" I added, both of us licking our lips at the mention of Dwarven cuisine.

"This, my friend, is the home of my cousin Balin," Gimli explained as Gandalf began to breath light into the crystal on his staff.

"And was my beloved home centuries ago!" I interjected, "And they call it a mine!" I scoffed.

"A mine!" Gimli shared my sentiment.

"This is no mine, it's a tomb..." Boromir stopped us dead in our tracks as the light from Gandalf's staff illuminated the cave passage and my eyes fell upon dozens of skeletons at my feet.

"No!" I cried, hopping over the bodies in horror, staring down at my dead kin.

It was then the stench of death hit my nose. I had been too distracted by the prospect of going home that I had managed to ignore the festering smell of rotten flesh in the air.

"No!" Both me and Gimli wailed, tears coming to my eyes as my once beloved home was nothing but a derelict tomb!

"Goblins," Legolas said as he pulled out an arrow from one of the bodies.

Everyone drew their swords, fearing the wretched creatures would still be here. I wiped the stray tears away as I drew my axe with a growl, fury evident in my voice.

We make for the Gap of Rohan. We should never have come here." Boromir mused, his sword drawn and poised, "Now, get out of here, get out!"

"No!" I growled, "I will not leave until I have killed every single one of the fowl creatures who desecrated my home!"

"We cannot stay!" Legolas protested, grabbing my arm and tugging me towards the door.

I swung my head forward and let my head collide with his, knocking him away frantically, not wanting to leave.

In the end, Legolas and Boromir had to drag me from the cave while Aragorn and the Hobbits did the same with Gimli.

I no longer cared who I hit in the process, all I wanted was revenge and the only place I could get that would be in the mines.

Alas, the second we were clear of the caves, Gandalf shut the doors, much to my dismay.

It took some time but eventually, me and Gimli calmed down and stopped fighting them. I knew I must've given Legolas and Boromir quite a few bruises during my fit of rage but I didn't care at the moment.

"We must make for the Gap of Rohan," Boromir said again, nursing all the new bruises I had inflicted upon him.

"I have told you, it takes us too close to Isengard. I will not simply march into the jaws of the beast!" I scoffed.

"Where do you suggest? Through the goblin infested mines?" Boromir retorted angrily.

"Sush, all of you," Aragorn yelled before his voice became a whisper, "I think there's something watching us in the water..."