Chapter 10

"Now kiss me."

I didn't question her order. My head started moving towards her face. I closed my eyes and my heart was beating rapidly fast. The only thing I seemed to keep control over were my thoughts.

What am I doing? I can't kiss her! But I want to...

I got closer and closer to her. The anticipation grew and I wondered how her lips would taste and when I could feel her warm breath on my lips, I got shoved back.
"See? You had no control over your actions, right?" I opened my eyes to see her look at me with a cheeky grin.
"What just happened?" Her eyes were back to normal and no red shimmer was left.
"What do you think happened?" She asked me back.
"I don't know. My body was moving on its own. I didn't want to...kiss...you." She fake gasped with one hand on her mouth.
"How dare you say that!" Then she turned away, crossed her arms and pouted.
"Hey, I didn't mean to...I just." I sighed, not knowing what to say. I could've said that deep down I liked it, but what would it make me look like?
I didn't want to be perceived as a guy who would kiss someone without meaning to it.
"So you had no control over your actions." Dahyun spoke up, drawing my intention to her. "Sana controlled your mind. But not really your mind. She ordered something and you couldn't help but to comply. That's the skill I was talking about."
"What do you mean she controlled my mind, but didn't? I'm confused."
"That's a question we can't answer. We don't know what's happening. But we can't possibly get in your head and control you." That left me with more questions. When even they couldn't answer it, who could?

"Hmm. So basically you could make me do everything you want?"
"Not really. You could work against it with all your willpower if you really didn't want to do something. And it works better the closer you are. It's not possible for us to tell you something to do from the other end of the room." Then she smirked and glanced over to Sana. "And it benefits the process if the human is attracted to the vampire."

What does she mean by that?

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Sana looking innocently at me and it clicked.

Ooohhh...shit.

I felt my face heating up. "Seeing that you instantly acted when Sana said it..." Dahyun didn't need to finish the sentence for everyone to know what she was implying.

Sana then clung again onto my arm. "I find you attractive, too. I can't wait for our first kiss and the first-"
Suddenly Tzuyu made gagging noises. We all turned our attention onto her.
"Can you please shut up and change the topic? You two interacting that way is disgusting."

"You two"? I didn't do anything.

"Excuse me? Sana said that. I didn't do anything."
"Whatever. Just don't act like that in my presence." Sana just stuck out her tongue towards the Taiwanese girl.
Dahyun cleared her throat. "Please don't fight. But Tzuyu's right, let's talk about something different. Have you any more questions, Seungjae?"
After thinking for a moment, one question popped into my mind.
"You're nine. Is that normal? Like, how did you all end up together?"
"Ah, good question." Dahyun grabbed her chin and pursed her lips. "Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo kind of started the group. I think they all seeked refuge at the same place with their families back then in the 1880s and fate brought them together. I don't know the exact year. Unfortunately they're the only survivors of that group. Everyone else was killed during the Korean War."
"Oh, wow. That's, just wow."
"Yeah, well, soon they kind of found me. I was bitten and turned into a vampire in 1940 when I was 12. I got sent into a hospital but a vampire family stole me from my parents. They explained what happened to me and that I couldn't return to them. I still hate them for it, though they were in the right." She wiped a single tear away and Momo caressed her back, showing her support.
"Must've been very hard for you. Sorry to hear this."
"I learned to live like that and now living with all the girls here together isn't bad either. Anyway, my vampire...guardians and I stumbled upon Nayeon, Jihyo and Jeongyeon in 1959. They were only a few years older than me, well, the state their bodies were in was only a few human years further than me. We befriended each other and eventually I joined them when they wanted to move on to a different city. My guardians realized and understood that I didn't really want to be with them." Again a pause from her to take a breath.