Chapter 03

After maybe an hour or so I finally stopped crying. It was a huge breakdown.
I calmed down and looked up for the first time since I started. I realized that the girls were no longer standing around me.

First I looked at the other couch. The girl was still playing with her phone. Mina sat next to her, fidgeting with her fingers.
She noticed that I was looking at her and greeted(?) me with a nod before looking back on her fingers.
On my right side sat the blue haired girl. She surprised me with her bright smile.
"Crying is always a good way to overcome sadness."

Who are you? How can you spread so much happiness and be so optimistic?

Then someone cupped my left hand. It was Sana. Like before I couldn't help but to reply to her smile with one of my own.
"Do you feel better now?"
"Ye-" I had to clear my throat. "Yeah, much better."
The last one who stayed was Jihyo. Without saying anything she gave me a packet of tissues.

Oh, she must have given me the tissues while I cried? Maybe she isn't as cold as she seems.

"Thank you, Jihyo...-ssi." Quickly she looked away and cleared her throat.
"You can call her halmeoni." Someone murmured from the kitchen. Just loud enough for everyone to hear. Back then I still thought it was just a joke, because the girl on her mobile chuckled a bit.
"Nayeon!" Jihyo turned to said girl and hissed. It was the angry bunny.

Ah, her name is Nayeon.

Nayeon then nonchalantly walked over while eating cereal from a bowl in her hand.
"So, Seungjae, right? Mind to tell us why you cried?"
"Unnie, don't be so rude." Sana spoke up on my behalf.
"What? I want to know." Nayeon replied with her mouth full.
"It's okay." I said. "After I broke down in front of you all, I think it won't harm to tell you. It can't get more embarrassing."
I took a deep breath and looked back on the floor. Thanks to Sana and the other bubbly girl next to me I was able to tell my story without crying again.

"Sorry to hear that." I couldn't allocate the voice so I looked up.
I was shocked to see the remaining girls. I must have been so immersed that I didn't notice them coming back. I must have looked really confused, because the blood girl raised a hand. She wasn't pissed anymore. Quite the contrary. She had some kind of sorrow in her look.
"I said that." She informed me.
"Ah." I pursed my lips, nodded and she nodded back, understanding I was thankful to hear those words.

Wait a minute? She drank blood, right? Maybe I should demand some answers after spilling my heart out to them.

"Can I ask you a question?" I looked at the blood girl. She nodded. "Momo-ssi, right?" She nodded again.

Okay, so either you get a reasonable answer from her or you got really lured in from some cult and they kill you and fill your blood in one of these bottles.

"Why did you drink blood?" The room was silent before, but now it got even quieter. The only thing you could hear were the nails of the girl on her phone, when they occasionally hit the screen.
Momo looked nervously at Jihyo. Moments went by before the said girl finally answered.
"Do you mind giving us a minute to talk?"
"Oh no, absolutely not. Either you tell me right now or I'll leave. As you didn't deny it immediately, you confirmed it was blood. When you don't tell me right now, that you don't belong to some sort of crazy cult, I'll leave! I don't want to end up in one of those bottles."

No answer. A minute later, still no answer. Everyone either looked anywhere but me or darted Jihyo with a questioning look. The only time the silence was interrupted was when the girl on the couch took some chips out of the bag next to her and ate them.

"Well, have a nice day." Then I realized that Sana was still holding my hand. I slowly took it away and wanted to stand up.

"We are vampires!" Mina suddenly shouted. A shout still as soft as a morning breeze.
"Hehe, hehe,what?!?!" My voice cracked at the last word.
"Mina!" Now all the girls looked at her. Some of them gasped, some seemed like they didn't know what to do. Only the one on the phone seemed unfazed.
"Are you crazy?!"
"Why'd you tell him?!"

Wow, a crazy cult. I was right. I was right. I'll die now.

But I knew exactly what I had to do. I had to run! I jumped up from the couch. I made a few steps towards the girls between me and the arch to the hallway.

I'll just run them over! I have to get out of here!

But all of a sudden my left arm was yanked and I was pulled back onto the couch. It was Sana who pulled me.
"Hold him in place!" Jihyo commanded. Sana and the girl on my right followed suit and grabbed my arms. I tried to break free but they were way too strong for me. Probably because I haven't had a proper meal for a week.

Then the girl who seemed to be the leader of that group walked back and forth. She was clearly thinking about something. A few times I asked what Mina meant and demanded they let me go. I even tried to fight against the both girls holding me, but for some reason I couldn't even stand a chance against them.

After what seemed like an eternity the one on her phone spoke up. Her voice sounded just irritated.
"Just tell him the truth, it's already too late." Jihyo stopped and everyone including me looked at the one who spoke.

Jihyo sighed heavily and tore her hair. "Aaaargh! You're probably right..." Then she kneeled in front of me. I expected something like "I'm sorry it had to end like this" or "You'll taste delicious". But her voice was very calm and she laid one hand on my left knee. What she then said and did, were the things which turned my life upside down.

"She's right. We are vampires." After that she opened her mouth and I saw how her canines got longer and longer.

And again, everything went dark.