Chapter 13

It was Wednesday evening, and I was standing in baggage claim waiting on Isaac. I was leaning against a pillar, and looking through the pictures I took this past weekend with Mia and Izzy.

"She's pretty" Someone said over my shoulder, making me jump.

"What the hell?!" I said jumping, and looking at Isaac.

"What? She is." He said, shrugging.

The bags started to come in, and he moved over so he could see better.

"How was your flight?" I asked him.

"Long. I'm starving, and tired." He said laughing.

"We'll pick up food on the way home."

Isaac spotted his suitcase, and we headed out to the truck. He put his suitcase in the bed, and we got in.

"Dibs." He said as he grabbed the AUX cord.

"Great, I have two hours of boy bands ahead of me." I said rolling my eyes.

"Shut up." He said as he played my workout mix I sent him.

"Where do you want to go to eat?" I asked him.

"Anywhere with a burger." He said with a laugh.

I found a fast food place, and we got out to eat.

"You're no eating in the truck rule is stupid." Isaac said as he took a huge bite of his burger, making ketchup drip from it.

"I find it incredibly necessary."

"So what are we doing the next few days?" He asked with a mouth full.

I handed him a napkin, and just shook my head. "Well, tomorrow night I thought you might want to meet Mia and Izzy."

"Yeah man." he said as he took a bite.

"Izzy is going with Liam this weekend, and Mia has a friend, Amy, who is just weird enough that you two will probably get along great. I thought maybe we could all hang out this weekend." I said shrugging.

"Have you met her ex?" He asked.

"Is that all you took out of what I just said?"

He shrugged. "Have you?"

"No. She said it wasn't an ugly split. That they just didn't work together." I said.

"Does he know about you?" He asked, popping a fry into his mouth.

"I don't know. I honestly don't care."

"Why do you say that?" He asked.

"He let her go, I never will. We'll meet eventually." I said simply.

He smiled, and finished eating. We got back in the truck, and drove the rest of the two hour trip home. I got him set up in the guest bedroom, and I finally crawled into bed. I grabbed my phone, and sent Mia a text.

Damien: I know you're probably asleep, but I'm home from picking up Isaac. Just wanted to say goodnight, and that I miss you.

I woke up the next morning at 5:30 with my alarm. I got up and got dressed for the gym, putting on sweatpants and a muscle shirt.

 I got up and got dressed for the gym, putting on sweatpants and a muscle shirt