02|Full Moon Rising

Start from the beginning

"What's going on?" Peter squeaked "Foxtail, stop hogging Moony. Your pathetic boyfriend will get jealous," Sirius taunted, stuffing his mouth with eggs "Oh thank you for your concern Padfoot, look I have a present for you." Eloise separated herself from Remus and offered Sirius the finger "Awww thank you, Foxy. I'll treasure it forever," Sirius cackled.

"Why are you tired anyway?" Remus inquired as Eloise lazily blinked while slurping the mug of coffee that James had been waving in her face "Had a pillow fight and then Amos needed my attention," Eloise responded, not even hissing due to the scorching coffee she was drinking "Was he having boy problems?" James asked, raising his eyebrows suggestively "Not everyone is a horny git like you two." She pointed at Sirius and James who looked at her innocently.

"Uhm, guys. It's going to be a full moon again soon, right?" Peter whispered, anxiously looking at the Gryffindors around them before his eyes flickered to Remus.

Now, the Marauders had been too busy to notice, but now that they looked at their friend they could definitely tell the full moon was coming. Remus had dark bags under his eyes, his scars were more prominent and by the way he moved it would seem like his muscles were aching. And since Remus did no physical activity, that could only mean one thing.

"I'm fine," Remus lied, brown eyes looking at his friends who's attention was fully focused on him "Sure you are, and I like my family," Sirius deadpanned, smearing a toast as the others laughed a bit. Sirius dropped the fresh piece of toast on Remus' plate, who muttered a soft thank you in reply.

"So when is it?" Eloise questioned folding the copy of the Daily Prophet and shoving it in Remus' bag so he could read it later "Thursday, so in two nights," Peter replied, breadcrumbs falling from his mouth as he spoke.

"What's Thursday?"

Peter screamed as two hands clasped his shoulders. The blonde boy turned around and came face to face with Dorcas Meadowes "Oh, hi.....hi....Dorcas," He gulped as the girl smiled at him mischievously "So what's on Thursday?" The Marauders shared a brief concerned look "Study session for charms," Eloise started "See these two," She clapped her hands on Sirius and Peter's shoulders "Are failing, so me, Moony and Prongs are helping them study."

Dorcas narrowed her eyes as she looked at the five troublemakers "I find that hard to believe...." She trailed off "So if this study session is really a pranking session, please prank the bloke we talked about last night, Elo." Dorcas winked and then she was off, curly brown hair bouncing with every step she took.

"Who did you talk about?" James asked "Did my Lilypad say anything about me?" Eloise started at one of her best friends for a few good seconds before speaking "Yes, she said, and I quote 'I will never go out with that idiot bloke'." James pondered for a second before a large, almost scary grin appeared on his lips "She's totally attracted to me!"

"You, James Potter are an idiot!"

"Am not!"

"Guys?" The group raised their eyebrows at Remus in question "We have muggle studies in 10 minutes," Remus said, prompting Peter to scarf down the remaining food on his plate, Sirius to groan and slam his head on the table, James to quickly mess up his hair while looking at his reflection in a cup, and Eloise to grab her bag as slowly as humanly possible.

It would be moments similar to those that the Marauders who survived that terrible night at Godric's Hallow would miss. The simple moments that weren't tainted by fear of the ever looming war.

Sure, they read the papers, they knew what was happening in the world outside the walls of Hogwarts but it seemed far away. Until then none of their close friends had had dead family members or friends due to the war. So yes, they'd read an article about a family that was murdered and then sometimes they'd hear a student rushing out of the Great Hall with tears streaming down their face, but still, it didn't hit close to home.

Alas, we all know the effects that the war would have on James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Marlene McKinnon, Alice Fortescue, Frank Longbottom, Lily Evans, Severus Snape, the Prewett twins, Eloise Prewett and many other muggles, squibs, witches and wizards alike.

War tainted them in different ways.

☆——⍟——☆

"Why did you add this article?" Eloise asked, her finger pointing at an article from the Daily Prophet. It read 'Muggle family killed by Deatheaters' the Dark Mark above the family's house printed underneath the article's title "It's Woods' family," Remus answered, looking away from the article "As in, Finn Woods. Finn Woods from quidditch?" Eloise turned to look at James, who nodded.

"He's not coming to any practices this week." The two quidditch players of course were sad for Finn, but they had a big competition with Slytherin next week and they needed their seeker to be in top form to catch the snitch before Regulus Black had the opportunity.

"This got depressing," Sirius moaned, flopping on his bed and propping his feet up against the wall "Foxy, check out the genius plan we came up with last night!" He barked, looking at Eloise who immediately turned back to the mural in front of her.

It had previously been a plain wooden wall, until one day in 2nd year Peter stuck a note to it. The note itself had been a simple reminder for something, but it had sparked a tradition. A few days later James stuck a parchment with their next prank plan to the wall, and soon enough the 5 Marauders would stick things to it all the time.

Poor Frank had just rolled with it, knowing that if he kept quiet Eloise would keep feeding him information about Alice. and he would also be aware of all their pranks, meaning he could avoid them. Which he loved ever since James once pranked Frank, making the boy have pink hair for a week.

"So basically you want to scare Filch to death?" Eloise chuckled as she read the plan "Now would that be such a bad thing?" James countered as Eloise shook her head "Nope, I'm in."

A/N:
Terrible chapter, sorry! Next one will have some quidditch adventures!

A/N:Terrible chapter, sorry! Next one will have some quidditch adventures!

Funny Post

[Word Count:1579]

[Word Count:1579]