08|Faded Dimple Smile

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

6th Year of Hogwarts ❃

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

ADMITTEDLY SHAGGING a semi cute Ravenclaw, was probably not the best way to deal with one's feelings. Eloise however did not care. She had fun the previous night. Jonathan Katnipfall might be too boring for her to ever be anything more than acquaintance, but when drunk after multiple bottles of firewhiskey, even he seemed like a good option.

"What did I tell you about that frown?" Eloise sang, dropping down onto the grass, making Remus and Rufus Scrimgeour look up startled. "Hello, Elo..." Remus trailed off laughing as Eloise massaged the spot between his brows. He leaned back, swatting her hands away.

Eloise gave him a cheeky grin and turned to see Scrimgeour. "I do not understand how you two find the interest to play this." She stared at the chessboard in disgust. "It's a strategic game, it's good to train the mind with," Scrimgeour said. Eloise rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue.

"Miss Prewett, Mr Lupin, Mr Scrimgeour."

The three Gryffindors looked up to see Minerva McGonogall towering above them in all her glory. One thing wasn't right though. There was a deep sadness in her face, her few wrinkles more prominent. Her expression to even make Eloise take the situation serious.

"Miss Prewett, please accompany me to my office."

"Why, Prof?"

Minerva didn't answer immediately. She took a deep breath and blinked away any tears that had formed.

"Elo," Remus spoke up quietly, resting a hand on her elbow. "Want me to come with you?" His eyes flickered up to Minerva, silently asking if that was okay. Minerva gave a minuscule nod just as Eloise said yes.

Eloise and Remus gathered their stuff and bid farewell to Scrimgeour, after Remus promised they would continue their game later.

☆——⍟——☆

Growing up the Prewett family was happy. Their family had never much cared about their blood status, they had achieved many things and treated many with respect. Judy and Percival raised their children in a warm household. The two had met just after Percival graduated Beauxbatons and Judy had graduated Hogwarts, the two quickly got married and soon had their eldest daughter, Molly, 9 years later they had a set of twin boys, Fabian and Gideon, and one year after their sons were born, they had their youngest child, Eloise.

The family had always been close, often going on trips together whenever Percival's work allowed. Eloise, being the youngest, was always showered with love and affection by her parents and her siblings. All of that love and all of that happiness in the Prewett family was deeply etched in the Prewett children's faces.