Memories From the Past

Yoona's POV

I woke up from a dream about Sehun, as always.

I rubbed my eyes and put on my glasses.

I went down and saw aunt Fei in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

I went near her and stood behind her.

"Good morning aunt Fei." I greeted.

"Oh, Yoona you are awake already. I'm almost finished cooking our breakfast, go set the plates on the table now." she said.

I nodded silently and went to set the plates.

Aunt Fei placed the food on the table and sat on the chair in front of me.

The whole house was silent with only the sound of the silverware hitting the plates could be heard.

I turned my gaze to her and that was when I realized that her eyes were red as if she cried the whole night.

"Aunt Fei, are you okay? Your eyes are so red. Did you cry? What happened?" I asked with a concerned tone.

She paused for a while but after a few seconds she placed both her palms on her eyes and bursted out crying.

I quickly ran to her side to comfort her.

"Aunt Fei, tell me what happened. You are making me worried.." I said as I pat her back.

"Its just that, the owner of the company I work in.. My bestfriend.. she.." she stopped and sobbed.

"She what? Tell me aunt Fei. You are making me want to cry too." I said as I feel my eyes become teary.

"She had a heart attack.. and she.. died." she said as she cried even louder.

"Don't cry, I'm sure she is happy now. Where ever she may be." I said.

"But it was my fault. I came there to visit her when her assistant called me. I was there before she died. She told me that if she dies, I should take over her company, since she doesn't have a family. I cried in front of her. She told me to stop but I couldn't. She was there comforting, holding m hands to reasure that everything will be fine. But in a matter of seconds, she squeezed my hand tighter as she placed on hand on her chest. I called the doctor but I was too late." she narrated as she cried.

"Stop crying. You'll only make her feel guilty if she ever sees you crying." I comforted her once again.

"You better go to school now. You'll be late." she said. I nodded an went to prepare for school.

As I walk out of the house, I thought about what happened to her.

I know how it feels to lose a friend. I once lost a friend too. He was my only friend when we were in elementary. He was the only one who was willing to help me when I'm in need.

Flashback

8 years ago. Canada.

I was on my way home when a group of girls went near me.

"Stupid nerd! What do you have that we don't to recieve so much attention from Luhan?!" the leader of their group said.

Another girl went near me and took away my eye glasses. She dropped it on the ground and stepped repeatedly, making it break into pieces.

Tears came running down my cheeks as they shot me with their awefull words.

'What is so wrong about having a friend? Luhan is the only friend I have and they won't let me?'

"What are you doing to her?" a familiar voice asked.

"Luhan oppa.. we just--" she was cut off when Luhan said, "Get out of here and never bother her anymore!"

Without hesitation, the girls ran away.

I was still crying while hugging my knees when Luhan went near me and handed me his handkerchief.

"You need this more than I do." he said. "I'm sorry because you got hurt because of me." he continued.

"Its okay. I'm used to being bullied anyway." I responded.

"For an elementary girl like you, you are so brave." he said which made me look at him.

"You are talking like a grandpa. We are just in the some age you know." I said.

"We better go home now, its getting dark. I should take you to your house. Its dangerous for a girl like you to walk alone." he said as he picked up my things that were scattered on the floor.

"Its okay I can go home by myself." I said. He nodded and I nodded back. We parted ways.

I can't see clearly because I don't have my glasses on and the fact that its dark now.

I was crossing the street when I heard the loud the horn of a car. I looked to my side to see a car approaching me. I couldn't move a muscle. I was just standing there as the car approach.

"Yoona!!!" I heard someone shout.

Before I could turn around, I was pushed to the other side away from the road. I bursted out crying when I saw Luhan getting hit by the car.

Not even a few minutes has passed when the ambulance and the policemen arrived.

I saw Luhan being placed on the stretcher as they take me home.

After a few weeks, I went back to school after recovering from that traumatizing event.

Luhan haven't been coming to school after that.

I often get blamed because of what happened by my schoolmates.

From then on, I never heard of him again.

End of Flashback

Luhan kind of remind me of him. First, they have the same name, second, they kind of look alike. Maybe

I'm just overthinking this...

I made my way to the waiting shed to wait for the school bus.

~~~Author's Note~~~

Well, I'll cut it from here.

Thanks for reading.

Don't be a silent reader and tell what you think about this story, and to know how I can improve it. I'll accept any critism as long as you are honest.

Don't forget to

Vote. Comment. Share.

And Read.

xoxo