Prologue

"Oh, shit. What was that?"

She laughed. "What, did a little fish swim by you?"

"It felt pretty hard."

"Pretty and hard like your abs?" she teased, wiggling her eyebrows. "Hubba hubba."

The corner of his lips twitched. "Did you just objectify me, Buckley?"

"I wouldn't dare, your highness."

He shook his head as his grin turned wider. She could be so weird at times. He found it endearing. But then, he felt that same something again and frowned.

She gasped. "Whoa."

He looked at her. "You felt that, right?"

She nodded, looking just as confused as he was.

As though they read each other's minds, they took deep breaths at the same time and went underwater. At first, they saw nothing but a little fish from afar.

They watched as that little fish turned bigger... and bigger... until it was the size of a—

They screamed.

At the top of their lungs.

While they were underwater.

In pure panic, they came up to the surface as fast as they could. The moment they were breathing air again, they didn't waste time.

"GO!" he ordered, pointing to the boat. "BACK TO THE BOAT! NOW!"

"Oh, my God—We're gonna die," she mumbled, as she quickly swam towards their boat with him following close behind her. "This is really happening in real life—Is it chasing us?"

He looked over his shoulder, and what he saw made his eyes widen. The alligator must have felt all the action in the water because it was heading straight towards them.

"Fuuuuuck."

"Is that a yes?" she squeaked.

"Swim faster," he grunted out, trying not to freak the hell out as he put more power to his kicks. They needed to get out of the water. FAST.

"Oh, my God—That's a yes—Lord, please—I don't wanna die a virgin."

"You won't die a virgin if you just keep swimming."

They were getting really close to the boat now. But then he got distracted when he heard a familiar tone. He glanced at her, she looked like she was chanting something under her breath.

"Just keep swimming... Just keep swimming..."

"Meadow, now is not the time to sing that song! We're going to die!"

"I'm sorry! I can't help it! And you said we won't die as long as we just keep swimming!"

"It doesn't matter! We're almost there!"

Finally, they reached the boat.

With both hands, she grabbed the metal ladder on the side and climbed up. She quickly turned around and reached out to him.

"Come on!"

"Start the engine!" he said, gripping the handles as he went up.

But before he could fully get out of the water, something hard clamped on one of his legs and yanked him back down.

"ANDERS!"

The deeper he was dragged into the water by the animal leading him to his death, the farther her cries became... until he couldn't hear anything anymore.

And all he could do was curse the day his grandfather's yacht sank.

_____________

This story will be told from the two main characters' point of view.

Yes, this is a fluff. I need a break from writing Alfie's angsty book and I wanted to write a funny coming-of-age adventure. My goal is to make you laugh in every chapter. Hope I succeed!

I'll start posting chapters once I've finished writing the whole book offline. (Only 6 chapters left!)