15

Jordyn

We ended up going to my house and ordering sushi and donuts from UberEats, leaving some for my mother and Charli when they return home.

JordynWe ended up going to my house and ordering sushi and donuts from UberEats, leaving some for my mother and Charli when they return home

My mother and Charli hadn't come home yet so my friends accompanied me while I waited

We put karaoke on the TV a blasted the instrumental music singing chill songs, since we're all drained from the day out. It was only 7:23 pm so they should be coming home soon. 

A few minutes later there was a knock at the door, assuming it was my mother and Charli, my friends packed their belongings and headed towards the door getting ready to leave.

"Thank you so much for staying with me," I say giving each of my friends a hug and a soft kiss on their cheek. 

"No, it's totally fine," they all say, making me smile.

"You guys are the best, love you," I say smiling at them. 

I head towards the main door with my friends following behind, and I open the door, revealing Grayson and Charli holding his big palm. I stand there in shock, not expecting Grayson to be with Charli.

Wait, how did he get Charli? And where is my mother?

"Uh, h-hi Grayson and Charli," trying my best not to make it obvious that I'm a little shocked,  but Gayson notices and gives me a small, reassuring smile as if he's saying, everything is ok.

"Hey Jordyn," he says and acknowledges my friends who are behind me, with a small nod,  who are probably more shocked than I am as to what is happening. 

"Well, we're probably going to go home now," Nicolas interrupts as he quickly makes his way out of the door, with Nora and Gracie following behind, giving me a smirk and a "we're sorry for leaving" look. I give them a reassuring smile that it's ok, and focus back onto Grayson and Charli.

"Hey, again," he chuckles and I give him a smile.

"Hey, you two, what are you doing here," I ask Grayson giving Charli a hug.

"Oh, so your mom is catching up with my mom because apparently they were best friends in high school, and Charli was so tired, so I offered to drop him off at home while they still catch up," he says grinning.

"Oh thank you Grayson, I didn't know that my mom was catching up with your mom," I say a little shocked. 

"Yeah, I was shocked too," he replies.

"Can Grayshon stay for a bit, please Jordyn," Charli asks with puppy eyes.

"Well if he doesn't mind, it's not that late anyways but we all have school tomorrow, so..." I say.

"I don't mind, actually," he says smiling down at Charli who is holding his hand. 

"OK, well come on in, we have a lot of sushi and donuts left from the food we ordered today, so help yourself," I say leading them to the kitchen.

"Thanks," Grayson says as he grabs two donuts and sushi, eating it at the bar, as Charli follows behind him grabbing a donut.

"We can watch a movie if you want," I ask grabbing the television remote, and lying down on the couch.

"Sure," Grayson and Charli say in unison. 

"Ok, I'll pick The Incredibles," I say as I press the play button.

"Ohhhhh, I love that movie," Grayson says.

"Yes!!" Charli says and I chuckle.

A few minutes later Grayson and Charli join me on the couch, and Charli lies next to him as Grayson wraps his arm around him. 

We're 20 minutes into the movie when I hear soft snores from Charli. I look up towards Grayson and he's also asleep, so I check the time and it's 8:56 pm. I decide to wake Grayson up to let him know that he could sleep over tonight since it's late and it has already started raining. 

I give him a small nudge on his shoulder and he slowly flutters his eyes which make it's way to mine. We admire  each other for a while before I decide to talk.

"Oh, um, so I was thinking that since it's late and raining heavily, that you could sleep over and tomorrow we can go to your house so you could get ready," I say.

"Uhh, sure, I'll just have to text my mom," he says with a small smile.

"Ok, while you do that, I'll go put Charli to sleep," I say with a small smile and pick up Charli in a bridal style up the stairs to his bedroom.

I change his current clothes into his pajamas before putting him in bed and pulling up the quilt to his chin, giving him a soft kiss on his forehead. "I love you, Char," I whisper to him, before leaving his room.

I head downstairs and clean up before heading to bed, but when I get downstairs, Grayson is already washing the dishes.

"Oh, you didn't have to do that," I say grabbing a tea towel to dry the washed dishes. 

"Oh, it's fine, I really don't mind anyways," he says looking down, with a smile. 

Grayson and I talk for a while and before we know it, it's already 10:00 pm and the rain has settled down.

"I should actually head home, since the rain has settled, but I'll see you tomorrow, right?" he asks me uncertain. 

"Oh, yeah definitely," I say with a small smile.

As I walk him to the door, it opens with my mother with flowers and leftover food, I'm guessing from their dinner.

"Oh, hey darling and Grayson. Thank you for taking Charli home, I'm pretty sure he was tired," she says happily and full of energy. We help her with the bags from her car, before I walk Grayson to his car.

His head is low as his right foot draws circles in the dry dirt. He slowly looks up at me and smirks slightly before he quickly looks down, chuckling.

"What?" I say confused but smiling along. 

"Oh, it's nothing," he says smirking before he chuckles again. 

"Well, I'll pick you up tomorrow morning at 7, so we can go get some breakfast," he says looking deep into my eyes.

"Sure, I'm down," I say smiling, "but I'll let you go now before it starts raining again."

"Ok, well good night and I'll see you tomorrow but I'll text you before I come," he says giving me a smile and a quick wink.

"Ok, good night and drive safe. Text me when you get home, so I know you're home safe," I say.

"Sure will," he says smiling, "good night."

"Good night," I say and give him a small kiss on his cheek before walking back to the house.

Why'd I do that? What is this boy doing to me?

As soon as I walk in the house, my mother is sitting at the kitchen bar eating a chocolate donut, and I smile.

"So how was your catch up. I didn't know it was with Grayson's mom," I ask her.

"Oh yes. It was very lovely, but I must say it was surprising when I found out that my best friend's son is Grayson. Oh, and of course Ethan and Cameron, but we just caught up today, went out for lunch and then talked the entire time we were at her house. Charli watched TV whilst we were at her house and then Grayson offered to take him him because Charli was getting tired and bored. However, I bought some of the leftover pasta that she made; it's very delicious you should take some for lunch tomorrow," she says stuffing another donut into her mouth. 

"Sounds like you had so much fun," I say chuckling.

"Oh yes, I did. Anyways, that's enough about me, tell me about your day," she says with much excitement. 

I tell her about my day out with my friends and how much fun we all had.
I kiss her on the cheek and say 'goodnight' before heading upstairs and have a quick shower before getting into bed and falling deep asleep.