11

Jordyn Amor

We get into his car and sit there for a bit, in silence.

"I had fun, Grayson," I say turning to him.

"We haven't finished with what we're going to do today, though," he says chuckling.

"Oh," is all I manage to say, "I just wanted to say thank you in advance," I say smiling.

"So far," I continue, "I have had fun, laughing while we eat our food talking about random stuff and laughing on all the rides, enjoying each other's company. It's been a great day so far and thank you so much for today. Today's been the happiest day of my life since the death of my father, apart from Milo coming into my family, but yeah. My friends don't even know about my father's tragic death because I don't want them to worry about it because they knew that my father and I were close," at this point, I'm crying.

"I've already told them to not come to my house for that reason, and now I want to be able to tell them but I don't know how to tell them because they may think bad about me and then it would ruin our friendship. I don't want to ruin the great friendship that we have because we have been friends since we were little, and we've shared so many happy times together even our most top secrets."

I am now a crying waterfall.

Grayson opens his arms so he can embrace me in them. I lean over to embrace his gesture and wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tight, as he wraps his arms around my waist and digs his head into my neck. I take a deep breath as his cologne invaded my nostrils. We stay like this for some time until he speaks.

"I've had so much fun too, Jordy, and just so you know that if you need anything, even if it's in the middle of the night, I'll be there to help you and accompany you in those times of trouble or even if something you want to talk about. Even if you just need a hug, I'll be there," I let go of the hug and look deep into his eyes.

"Thanks, G," and give him a small fist pump.

"Are we ready to go?" he asks me as he starts up the car.

"Yup," I say wiping my eyes carefully and we exit the car park of MacDonald's.

"Can I play some music?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure," he replies handing me the aux cord to plug my phone.

I plug my phone and shuffle play the daily updates of my playlists. 'Before you go' by Lewis Capaldi plays through the speakers. I listen to this song whenever I miss my father that I start balling my eyes out. It comforts me in those rough times without him, and to this day I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that he won't be here with me, physically, to comfort me, to laugh with me, to hug with me, to give me warmth and support. 

I start humming to the song and turn up the volume so Grayson won't have to listen to me. I know he knows that I sing, but I don't like being heard when I sing. 

"So, before you go..." I whisper-sing.

"You are a really good singer, Jords," Grayson says out of nowhere.

"Oh, uh, thanks," I say looking down from embarrassment. 

"Where are we going, anyway," I say quickly to try and change the subject.

"It's a surprise, so you're going to have to wait until we get there," he says to me giving me a toothy smile as I give him a jokingly huff in response. 

"Fine," I say and continue humming silently.

"You have an angelic voice, though," he says looking at me.