Three hours later, I walked out of my small office to get coffee. Walking to the kitchen I heard Ho hey by The Lumineers, it was one of those favorite songs that I was addicted to. Eric and I both were. He loved this song and used to sing it like crazy, even when his friends used to beg him to stop.

Suddenly my mind started to wonder about Eric and my mind drifted to the memories of the past to that very day from where my sufferings started.

FLASHBACK.....

Yesterday was tiring. I had the worst headache of the decade and yet Eric dragged me to a party. I already felt tired, weak and on top of that a headache, just not my day. I went out with him but not feeling good called it a night and left without him. Downing a sleeping pill or two I hit the bed early.

The next morning I felt a little better bit refreshed. I didn't find Eric in the bed, thinking he went out for a run I went to the kitchen to make myself a coffee. It was then I saw him in the living room. His head in his hands with his hairs all messed up, he was still in last night clothes. He looked like a defeated man. I have never seen him like this. I went to him and sat beside him.

"Eric, are you alright?" I asked softly placing my hand on his shoulder. He flinched back from my touch like I was some kind of disease. He abruptly stood up and faced me, his eyes red and swollen. I could see the tear stains on his face. He looked so angry with his eyes bloodshot red.

"Don't you dare touch me and talk like everything's alright!" he shouted. I could see the anger in his eyes. He had never raised his voice at me, never have been angry at me. I was baffled with what was happening.

"Eric, what are you talking about?"

"Don't act like the innocent, naive girl that you pretended yourself to be. I just can't fucking believe that I fell for such a gold-digger, whore of a woman like you. You were so fucking great at hiding your true face from everyone including me. Bravo Lana Bravo." He seethed in anger. His words didn't make any sense to me but welled tears in my eyes.

"You are a brilliant actor you know. Just the sight of you makes me feel disgusted. Knowing that I slept with a bloody bitch like you I loathe myself. I am ashamed of the fact that I fell in love with a dirty filthy whore like you." Tears kept falling freely. I wanted to believe that this was all a bad dream, a nightmare from which I would awake. His every word felt like a slap in my face.

"You know, you are nothing to me anymore. You are just a piece of dirty trash. I thought you to be a simple girl but hell you weren't. You are worse than the other bitches out there. I hate you, loathe you. I never wish to see you again keep this in mind. I wish I would have never met a cunning bitch like you." He sneered at me.

Picking up the papers set on the table, he threw them at my face. "I want them signed. These are the divorce papers, I had my dad's attorney made ever since I came to know about your cunning personality. I want you to go through the proceedings silently. I don't want my family's name dragged in this and if it does, you won't like the consequences, Lana. I just want you to leave me alone and get the hell out of my life for good for once and all. I never want to lay my eyes on you ever again for the rest of my life." He told me.

I didn't know what was happening. My marriage was falling apart in front of me and I couldn't find a way to save it. I had nothing left for me rather than this marriage and him. I had already lost everyone.

"Eric there is something wrong." I pleaded. "There is some kind of misunderstanding, and I don't even know what you are talking about," I cried with the pain that I felt in my tearing heart.

"There is nothing wrong," he assured me. I know what I saw and I promise to make you suffer for hurting me so much Lana." speaking, those words he walked out of the home without a second glance slamming the door.

I kept out on shouting his name. I followed him outside calling him as loud as I could, but he was long gone speeding out of the driveway.

His words hit me like knives in my heart. I was broken. My heart was shattered into million pieces. It was hard for me to breathe. I felt a burning pain inside my heart.

For the next two days I kept on calling him again and again, he never picked up. I called our friends and his friends, none of them received my calls. No one was willing to talk to me and I didn't have any clue why. I stayed in the living room for those days. I never signed the divorce paper because I wanted to meet him again, sort out our issues. Hope still lingered in my broken heart, making me believe this was just a phase and it will pass, this was a big misunderstanding which could be taken care of through talking.

The next day when I woke up on the couch, I found the papers gone. I went to our room thinking maybe I could find him, but I found all of our bedroom thrashed and torn. My dresses were torn and thrown away. There was a note on the mirror. Picking it up, I read it:-

I want you out of my house and life. Don't you dare call me or try to contact me. All of the things that were yours, which you brought when we started living together are packed in the same bag with which you came into my life. I expect you out of my house before I throw you out myself. I hope I had made myself clear with the divorce papers already. I never want to see you ever again...

That day I left his house with my broken heart and shattered soul. I was torn into pieces from the inside. An agonizing pain was torturing my heart just because the love of my life was lost.

END

I didn't realize that I was so zoned out into remembering the worst day of my life that I couldn't see Ally who was just in front of me and calling my name. Tears were rolling down my cheeks with a raw pain in my heart.

"Lana what happened? Why are you crying? Did something happen? Lana, talk to me." she spoke hurriedly with fear masking her face.

"It's nothing, I just remembered something from the past," I said while wiping away my tears. "But I'm fine now," I added.

Even though I knew I wasn't. I very much know Ally and very well knew it that she won't leave me alone until she knows I'm perfectly fine.

"You know what will make me happy?" I said to her while composing myself and bringing a smile on my lips. I wanted to distract her from this topic.

"One cup of special coffee from the kitchen. So pretty please can you move those pretty legs of yours and get it for me." I said smiling and batted my lashes at her.

"Of course, my lord," she said while bowing down, which literally made me laugh. Ally knew ways to make me happy and bring me back to normal. The rest of the day passed without any hindrance and even Ally didn't bring up my zoning out scene throughout the day. However, she kept an eye on me from afar.

I'm glad to have people like Ally and Rick with all the other people in this town. Even though I'm not from there they loved me like I was one of them. I loved this life a lot, which was simple and serene. I was content with this life.