Chapter 21

I don't normally dedicate my chapters but today is different.

This chapter is dedicated to @littlebunnybear99

Thank you so much for your comments and love. You're the first person to vocally tell me what you think of this story and it really makes my day. Thank you so much!

BTW
UPDATING MIGHT SLOW DOWN AGAIN BUT THIS STORY IS NOT AND won't BE CANCELED! I JUST DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL BE ABLE TO WRITE. I'll try for once a week

Now, onto your scheduled programming...

***************

"I'd like you to know how much I love you, Isabella," Atticus whispered, running his hand up my thigh. I smiled down at him and flicked his forehead.

"I already know, crazy," I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed, brushing that beautiful, ashy-blonde hair ou of his eyes. 

"I don't know, you might need me to confirm," he said, raising an eyebrow. I shrugged and pretended to think.

"I don't know," I sighed. Atty kissed my neck tenderly and bit down. I jumped, startled, but Atty just laughed.

"Hmm, I guess you do, little one. Luckily," he laughed and lowered his face to mine, "Daddy will show you,"

***************

My hands were shaking. I didn't tell Cole. I didn't want him to worry.

But he cornered me after practice and asked me if I would just listen to him. 

I had said goodbye to Cole and was walking to my car. He was waiting right next to it. His arms crossed across his chest. He looked worried.

"Isabella..." Atticus said softly. That stupid, powerful voice.

 I stopped in my tracks and almost dropped my keys.

"Get away from my car," I responded. His eyes locked onto mine and he bit his lip nervously.

"I'm not here to start anything. I promise. I just," he looked around as if he was searching for the answer, "I wanted to ask you if we could talk somewhere. Formally. I mean, in public. I need to talk to you," his face was flushed and his eyes were darting around.

"You weren't interested in talking to me while we were together. Why would you be now?" I ask, my distaste clear. He sighed and crossed his arms again.

"I deserve that. And worse. But this is important. I promise," he pleaded.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead, stabling myself against the hood of my car, "Your promises meant nothing then, and they mean nothing now," my annoyance dripping from my tone.

"Isabella I swear, you never have to talk to me again if not for this one day! This isn't just about me!" he said, anger bubbling in his eyes. I look up at him and my hands curl into fists. 

"Fine. You know what, fine! But if you even try to-"

He cut me off, "I won't try anything. I'm no homewrecker," he growled. I finally gained the courage to hold eye contact.

"No. You're much worse. Now go away," I say, unlocking my car and getting in. I drove away far enough so he couldn't see me before pulling over to the side of the road to let my hands shake. I hadn't even asked him where or when, but I guess this was happening.

He ended up texting me with a restaurant location and time after school. But it didn't calm my nerves.

"Hey, are you okay?" Cole asks. I was face timing him before bed. I got a glimpse of his room. I've still only been to his house once.