36I Invite

"These are amazing!" I exclaimed happily, stuffing another large forkful of pancake into my mouth. They really were incredible. I had never eaten anything as nice as them.

Logan chuckled slightly at my enthusiasm and shook his head with a grin painted on his face. "Don't talk with your mouth full," he chided, although he had a playful look on his face that showed he wasn't properly telling me off.

Instead of replying, I listened to what he told me and raised two fingers to my forehead in a salut then swiped them forwards and dropped them back down to the fork which I had rested against my plate.

"At ease, soldier," a feminine voice said from behind me as they walked into the kitchen. I twisted around to see Jessica with a bag slung over her shoulder and a suitcase in her right hand, pulling it behind her. My dad was trailing after her, not even sparing me a glance as he walked into the room with a large rucksack resting on his back and the same case I saw a couple of nights before in his left hand.

Although I hadn't really spoken to Jessica much, I could tell that she was quite a nice person. When we did talk, she had a jokey, relaxed attitude that was completely different to my dad. I couldn't help but grin at her as she walked over to where Logan was stood by the frying pan on the stove, flipping yet another pancake.

"We're heading to the airport now. We'll be back in about five days which is Thursday," I could clearly hear her saying to him, before she placed a loving kiss on his cheek. That sort of loving kiss on the cheek that I had yearned for since my dad became cold towards me. I was just glad my brothers had been here to offer me their love.

"Boys! We're leaving now!" Jessica suddenly called up the stairs as she stepped away from her son. Despite living in a mansion, the empty halls meant that her voice carried quite easily, and from the volume that she had shouted it, I was sure my brothers had heard.

I was right.

Soon enough, the sound of loud footsteps sprinting down the stairs greeted my ears. These boys were like a heard of elephants! A minute later and all five of my brothers came running into the kitchen.

Mason entered first and walked over to Jessica. "Bye mom," he smiled, wrapping his arms around her. In return, she placed her arms around his waist.

Noah followed only a meter or so behind him, Cole directly to his side and Jayden and Liam sauntering along after them. They each took turns embracing Jessica after Mason while my dad just stood off to the side. At this point, I had learned not to interact with him otherwise he would fault me for the smallest thing, so I just stayed silent.

After Liam had pulled away from his mom, she grabbed the suitcase standing beside her by the handle and shifted her bag up her shoulder slightly. "Bye, boys. I'll miss you. And bye, Lila," she smiled.

"Bye!" I called out to her in return as she walked over to the door, my dad trailing behind her. I felt the need to at least say something before she went, I didn't want her to see me as a rude, ungrateful bitch.

She shot me a grin over her shoulder in response, before walking out into the corridor and out of sight, leaving me alone in the kitchen with all of my stepbrothers. "Are those pancakes? Yes! I'll have seven, please!" Noah grinned, sliding into the seat opposite me.

I chuckled at how large of a stomach he had and placed another forkful of syrup- covered pancake in my mouth. Cole walked over to the table and sat next to Noah, pulling out his phone and making me remember that I was planning on downloading Instagram today.

I pulled it out of my pocket as Liam sat down in the seat at the end of the table, Jayden poured himself a glass of coke and Mason leaned against the counter, also on his phone. I put in my password and clicked in my Google play app. I then typed in Instagram and pressed on the install button before I could change my mind.