Thanksgiving

Chapter 16

Today was the 25th of November and a day before thanksgiving and the Lawson house was in a state of panic.

The Irwin's has agreed to come to thanksgiving but so had most of my family, I had a very large family,so mom was pulling her hair out trying to accommodate everyone.

it was 8 in the morning , mum had just dropped the twins of at school and collage broke up yesterday for thanksgiving break. Me,my father and my mother were sat around the dining table each with notepads discussing thanksgiving.

"Okay lets do a head count on how many we're actually hosting."

We each take out our own copy of the guest list.

"Chris and Rebecca with Archie will be arriving this evening, when I called him they told me there flight gets in a 4:39....james."

My father looks up from his note book

"You will be picking them up, you'll also be collecting my parents, there flight set to arrive at 3:00 and Sophie and Charles's flight shall be arriving at 2:40, you'll be taking the defender you can fit 8 in there."

"Yes dear, a car ride with you parents how fun."

My mum Smacks my dad on the arm.

I laugh.

It's no secret that my maternal grandparents didn't like my dad at first when my mom introduced them back when they were dating.

"Now your side of the family won't be arriving till tomorrow, both of your parents will be coming as your father is pretty much in good health, Helen and William will also be coming along with the the boys."

She then turned to me.

"Did Robert tell you what time he would be arriving."

"He said they should be here around 11 so In three hours."

Mum now looked to all of us

"Okay so how many do we have all together."

I counted up all the people on my list.

"22"

My mum looks absolutely stunted.

" any idea's how we can fit 22 people down to eat."

We all rack our brains.

It's my dad who comes up with the solution.

"Well why don't we have an adults table and kids table, we take the other dining table and chairs that we have in the basement and we move this table and that table into the conservatory we could move all the furniture from there into the dining room which means we will have extras seating and space for people to move about, once it's empty we will easily be able to fit both tables, it might be a bit tight but we can fit 18 people around that able. Then we can put the breakfast table on the patio and we can put Louis, Jamie, Jesse & Michael there."

We both look at him impressed.

"That will work."

"I don't know how the twins will take to being put at the kids table."

"Well they'll just have to suck it up."

"next order of business sleeping arrangements."

We all turn to a blank page.

"Chris, Rebecca and Archie will be staying in his old room we need to put the old crib in there room, and Sophie and Charles will be in her her old room, my parents will be go in the guest room, that still leaves bindi,chandler, Robert and Terri to place."