Boyfriend?

Chapter 8

The next week was very tense, waiting to see if koba would recover, though his antibiotics kicked in and 2 weeks later he was back to his old self, which was a big relief for me and pretty much everyone in the zoo.

Things between me and Robert had changed so little and yet so much.

we still had our day coffee breaks together and we would still muck about together but now there was more of a flirty undertone to our shenanigans.

So I shouldn't of been surprised when Robert appeared in the food prep hut just as I was preparing the dingos breakfast.

"Do you need a hand."

I smiled at him and moved over inviting him to start cutting up the meat.

"I heard from my mum that you were given this Saturday off."

Lately my professors had been handing out massive test left right and centre and if you didn't meet The required marks you would be kicked of the course.

With that in mind Terri has given me Saturday off as a stress reliever, I tired to refuse it, because I loved working at the zoo but Terri wouldn't hear of it.

"Yh I do."

"well I was wondering if you would want to head down to Alexandra Headland beach and spend the day paddle boarding."

"I'd love to."

"How about I pick you up from the campus around 8 and we'll then drive there and rent some paddle boards."

I was about to mention to him that that it would be quicker since it was right between my village and the zoo with only 30 minutes, but seeing the grin that was on his face i kept my mouth shut.

Once the meat was in the bucket Robert handed it to me so I could take it into the habitat.

I was going on a second date.

That evening

I was currently laying in bed with my laptop open writing my 5000 word essay on the reproduction habits of mammals and how they differentiate from reptiles and amphibians , when I get a pop up notification.

It was from my mom she wanted to face time.

Quickly saving my work I accepted the call.

My laptop screen was now the image of my mother siting in the couch.

"Hi honey."

"Hey mom"

"How's everything going, are you eating well, are you staying out of trouble, you haven't been answering my texts."

I internally sigh

I love my mom to death but sometimes she can be over protective.

"I'm fine mom, I'm just really busy right now, with working at the zoo and my classes my schedule is pretty packed."

"How is the course going?"

I run a hand through my hair and try to massage the stiffness in my neck.

"It's stressful right now, if I don't meet my expected grades before winter break I get taken of the course."

Suddenly my mum looks slightly guilty.

"Speaking of winter break, we were planning to spend Christmas in Oregon with Chris and Rebecca this year, this is Archie's first Christmas."

Chris is my one of older brothers he lives with his girlfriend Rebecca and there son Archie up in Oregon