Heros never die

Having it be a month since Starks death, you have played it over and over in your head what could've gone differently and he'd still be there. There wasn't nights where you'd stay up, wanting to fix everything.

The funeral was today. You were up to it, but there was something that you had to watch first.

Tony's holographic message.

You walked into Starks lab where nothing was touched. You pressed the button to show the holographic message being projected from his his helmet. You stood there, arms crossed revealing Tony who is sitting down recording the message. 

"So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting... In the case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's– it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end."

Tony suddenly gets up walking towards his camera. "What am I even trippin' for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to. I know that you'll be okay, because you're Y/N. Strong, independent and a little stubborn but that's okay. We need more of that in the world, Y/N. We do."

You smiled, tearing up. He leans down and smiles. He is looking straight at you in the camera.

"I love you."

The message ends and the hologram cuts out.

You sighed out, placing the remote on the table.

"Hey, you." Pepper walked into the office, leaning on the wall. "Everyone's outside."

You nodded, smiling dully. "Yeah."

You walked outside to the cottage revealing everyone who was at the fight. You nodded uneasily, following behind Pepper who was carrying a wreath.

She lays the wreath on the lake. You stood there and Peter walked up to you, tugging you by his side. You nuzzled your way into Peters chest as you watched the wreath float away on the lake.

Peter glanced down at you as your eyes closed, holding onto the tears.

"I'm here, whenever you need me. Just call me up and I'll be at your doorstep." Peter informed you.

Your eyes widened a little as you stare up at Peter, "Thanks, Queens." You laughed.

Peter walked over to Aunt May who on the way out, hugged you.

Standing there for a moment by yourself, everyone scattered expect for you. You watched the wreath go deeper into the lake.

You had a feeling that someone was behind you, but you didn't acknowledge them. You kept your eyes on the lake.

"You know-" A familiar voice walked up right next to you, "He was proud of you. Bet he still is." Steve turned his eyes towards you.

"I let him down." You scoffed, walking away. You walked down the lakeside and sat on a bench right by the water.

"That's not true-" Steve followed, sitting right next to you. "You have never let him down."

You sighed out, "We don't know that, Steve." You laughed uneasily.

"Well, I do. He was your number one fan. Talked highly of you to the team every chance he got. So yeah, he was over protective sometimes but you're his daughter." Steve explained.

You glanced up at Steve, trying not to burst out crying.

"Hey." Steve whispered, tugging you into his embrace. "Everything will be okay."